Are you passionate about improving learning and contributing to learning best practice? Have you made a real impact on learning and created a narrative around your impact? Perhaps you’ve built a network within EdTech and spoken at a learning event? If this sounds familiar you might be the one for us!
Glean are building a reputation as experts in EdTech and we’re looking for a proactive self-starter who’s excited about who Glean are and what we do, to help us achieve our mission of changing a million lives for the better.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to take ownership of a newly created role within Glean that will play a critical part in driving our presence and credibility within the EdTech market.
As Glean’s resident expert on how to most impactfully use Glean to drive effective learning, you will be responsible for educating learners, buyers, and the market about how learners can use Glean to most effectively create & utilise their notes. This could include:
- Determining how different target users of Glean can make the best use of the product:
- Through spending lots of time with Glean learners and their notes, develop a deep and thorough understanding of the ways in which different types of users ‘in the wild’ use Glean to take notes and improve their learning.
- Recommending relevant elements of learning science (e.g., spaced repetition) and research that can be leveraged to more effectively take & utilise notes
- Identifying other tools or plug-ins that work in conjunction with Glean
- Turning that knowledge into content & initiatives to drive product marketing, product development, and internal learning:
- Generating examples of effective note taking in Glean for different learner personas and needs
- Producing videos, blogs, and other content as needed to demonstrate the efficacy of Glean to learners and buyers
- Building relationships with education and learning science thought leaders to increase our influence & credibility in the edtech community
- Familiarity with common edtech tools, especially those used by higher education learners. A bonus if you are a power-user of Notion or similar note taking tool.
- An educational or professional background in technology-enhanced learning, digital sociology, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, learning analytics, cognitive science or a related discipline
- A relevant understanding of learning science, cognitive psychology and the practical application of it. Awareness of the needs of neurodiverse learners is a strong plus
- Experience with Camtasia or other common content-creation tools
- 3+ years of working experience
- A passion for improving learning outcomes
- A self-starter who is able to create their own vision and strategy, working with little direction
- A strong storyteller who can explain scientific concepts in simple and compelling ways
- A persuasive, effective and confident communicator, especially with senior stakeholders and external high-profile potential clients
Ways of working
Whilst we love having people in the office, we do support UK remote working, hybrid working and office based employees. We do have expectations for all employees to be in a minimum of once a quarter for company events.
Working arrangements would be discussed at interview.
Salary and benefits
£40,000 - £60,000 dependent upon experience (with the option to discuss a part-time position with equivalent pro-rated salary)
- 33 days annual leave + 3 gifted days at Christmas
- Generous individual learning and training allowance
- Truly flexible hours to suit when you work best
- Full home working set up and beautiful collaborative office space
- Nomad working policy with family travel insurance
- Enhanced 26 weeks maternity and 4 weeks paternity (fully paid)
- Health cash plan (from glasses to massages)
- 6% employer pension contribution
Glean empowers learners with the confidence and ability to build useful knowledge in an age of information overload. Our inclusive learning technology is used by 100,000s of students to gain 21st century learning skills with a proven note taking process. We aim to reduce waste by helping learners to get more value from working with spoken language.
Our mission is to challenge how the world thinks about learning so that it’s more accessible, productive, and purposeful for all learners. Join our values-driven and growing team if you’re excited by our goal to change a million lives for the better.