Perlego 6 month Internship Programme 2023
Our mission is to make learning accessible to all, so to help us achieve that goal we are launching an internship programme, opening up opportunities for people who dream big and want to change the world.
We’re not looking for someone with a degree in HR or years of experience - you might be someone looking for a total career change, a recent graduate or someone who just wants to dive into something new and make an impact.
What we’re looking for is someone who cares about our mission and wants to make a real impact on the world of education and has an appetite to learn about all things People Experience.
What you’ll get:
Think of the People Experience as Product. Why should you choose Perlego? 🤔 At Perlego we believe in the key role you will play to achieve our shared mission. You'll belong to a culture of dreamers, team players and avid learners with a flexible, value-based approach. Here, you can become your best self, and through your talent, make a real impact in the world of education.
The numbers speak for themselves:
94% of people you’ll work with are inspired by the purpose and mission of Perlego
88% of people you’ll work with feel they belong at Perlego
90% of people you’ll work with would recommend us as a great place to work
*Stats from our latest anonymous employee engagement survey
What you’ll learn
- The fundamentals of People Operations and Talent Management
- How to juggle competing priorities in a rapidly scaling start-up
- How to own and deliver complex projects to the highest standard
- How to work in an Agile environment
- The ins-and-outs of the UK visa system
- How to support people internationally to relocate to the UK or to work overseas
What we do
At Perlego, there are over 100 of us working hard to make education accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 5 years, our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is twofold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic People and Talent Intern to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in learning about People Operations and Talent Acquisition from the ground up in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll do
- Support the People Team in building our culture of belonging as we welcome new hires and say goodbye to departing staff, including introductions, onboarding + offboarding admin and exit interviews.
- Own the delivery of our market-leading benefits, engaging and enrolling everyone at Perlego and ensuring they get the best use out of our offering
- Support our Senior Talent Partner in the delivery of an excellent candidate experience to everyone who applies for a role at Perlego and navigate a busy calendar of interviews and screening calls.
- Strengthen our employee engagement and strong culture of belonging by organising team-building events, coordinating our many social clubs, recognising achievements and making our office the best place to work.
- Support our People Coordinator with visa applications, candidate relocation and help us hire people internationally as an EOR.
- Carry out the logistics that go into hiring and empowering our team, including laptops, tech set-up and employee merchandise
It’s perfect if you are:
- A fantastic communicator and someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions
- Excellent at organising and managing your time
- As comfortable driving forward with a task on your own as you are working with a larger team
- Good at paying attention to detail as well as keeping the big picture in mind
- Open to feedback and always looking to learn
- Empathetic and understanding
Applications close Tuesday 30th May 2023
Start date Monday 26th June
For this role, to set you up for success and maximise your learning experience we would require you to come to our beautiful office in Holborn/Chancery Lane at least 2 days per week 🌈
The internship will last 6 months, and we are open to this role becoming permanent if everything goes well and it's a good mutual fit
Please note we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
🌈 Benefits include:
The salary for this role is £25,000 p.a. (pro rata)
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. We’re proud of our Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
Want to learn more about how we’re making learning accessible? Check out our latest impact report
Hybrid set up between our beautiful Holborn office and a bit of home working. As this is an intern role, we want to spend as much face-to-face time with you as possible so expect to spend most of your time in the office.
🧠 L&D Budget
We value continuous learning, you will get £250 during your internship to spend on the training of your choice
🌱 Unlimited Coaching Opportunities
Unlimited access to MoreHappi, an on-demand professional coaching platform to offer all employees access to unbiased and professional coaching opportunities.
🤓 Learning Time
All employees have dedicated Learning Time to focus on new skills, projects or interests that lay outside of their day-to-day job
🌴 Work-Life Balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) per annum
🛐 Flexi Bank Holidays
We understand that not everyone aligns with the same calendar; we offer the flexibility to swap your UK bank holidays allowance for other religious or cultural days.
e.g. switch UK Easter Bank Holidays Days for Eid celebrations
❄️ Office Reset
All employees can also enjoy the days between Boxing Day and New Year off, to reset and refresh for the new year - this is additional to your annual leave 🙂
💛 Personal Days
Life happens and we want you to be able to use your annual leave for resting, relaxing or taking time out to do something you love!
We offer 1 additional day a year for life events (your wedding, relocation, moving house, or a child starting school).
💭 Mental Health
All employees also get access to a free counselling support service via Spill
💸 Financial Wellbeing
Track your financial goals and receive financial advice all via Mintago
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive matched parental leave as well as a phased return to work from extended leave (subject to qualifying conditions).
👋 Belonging at Perlego:
🌈 We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and background.
❤️ We are actively building a diverse team, so we strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
📣 To enable an equitable experience for all and give you the best chance of success, if you have any specific requirements for any stage of the interview process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org