Yes Futures empowers young people to believe in themselves and discover their personal potential.
We are a multi-award winning charity, established in 2012. Our successful programmes have already made a proven difference to the lives of over 2800 young people through partnerships with 71 schools.
We are ambitious about expanding our impact to many more young people and we are seeking a passionate and driven Director of Partnerships to join our Leadership Team and help us scale our programmes to more schools.
The Director of Partnerships role
Are you excited by the challenge of growing our highly impactful programmes to more schools, benefitting thousands of young people across the country?
Do you have a strong track record of marketing or sales within the education sector?
Do you have proven experience in securing income through building strong partnerships with schools/local authorities, corporates and/or trusts and foundations?
This is a broad-ranging role, and you may not have experienced all aspects of it before, but if you:
- Are capable of taking leadership responsibility;
- Can transfer your existing experience and skills to a new product or market;
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses and proactively build your knowledge and skills…
… then we want to hear from you!
The main responsibilities of the Director of Partnerships role are:
Marketing and School Partnerships
- Leading the school-specific marketing and sales strategy, including ongoing management of relationships with prospective partner schools and programme marketing partners.
- Oversight of all external marketing and communications, ensuring all publications and communications meet Yes Futures’ branding guidelines.
Fundraising and Corporate Partnerships
- Leading Yes Futures’ fundraising strategy, including ongoing management of relationships with prospective and existing funders.
- Leading our corporate partnerships strategy which will further engage corporate partners in our work.
- Workload planning across all Head Office workstream areas, ensuring a supportive, effective and happy Head Office Team.
- Line manager to the Community Manager, the Marketing Officer and the Finance and Administrative Officer.
Strategy and Governance
- Supporting the Chief Executive with financial and legal processes, including acting as ‘second delegation’ to the Trustee Board where required.
- Involvement in strategic planning and research to develop the next phase of Yes Futures’ expansion.
In addition, as part of our focus on employee development, you will be able to dedicate time to individual personal development opportunities and gain further professional growth through leading working groups in strategic areas in which you are interested.
Benefits to you
Yes Futures is an incredible place to work. In the past two years, we have been awarded places in both the Top 100 Social Enterprises UK and the Escape 100: Best Companies to Escape To.
This is a unique opportunity to have an incredible impact, by joining our ambitious team at this exciting stage in the charity’s growth. You will have significant ownership over your work, enabling you to thrive and grow your talents in a collaborative environment alongside a supportive, fun team of colleagues.
As well as a generous reward package of £50,000 per year (with potential to progress on meeting targets), we provide:
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays, increasing year-on-year to 30 days’ holiday after five years of service.
- Additional 3 days’ volunteering leave, so you can focus on your other charitable passions.
- Workplace pension with employer contribution of 5%.
- Flexible approach to work (remote working and flexibility around core hours 10am-4pm)).
- Generous CPD allowance for professional development and qualifications.
With us, you will make a tangible difference to thousands of young people’s lives.
Some testimonials from our current employees:
- "Yes Futures is an extremely positive and supportive working environment. All employees are valued and encouraged to contribute across all areas of the charity. My team are so enthusiastic and passionate about the fundamental ethos - helping to build a positive future for young people."
- "As well as every day being different, and the work we do being so rewarding, we have a fantastic team of dedicated, intelligent, interesting, passionate people! It's wonderful to be part of it all!"
- "I work with a supportive team with great passion and energy. We are all so different but share a passion for supporting young people. Our CEO is an inspiration and leads the way with her positivity, drive and enthusiasm."
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please read through the Recruitment Pack at the bottom for full details about the role. Then please submit your CV and cover letter (max 500 words), detailing your motivations for applying for the role, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the role tile and your name in the subject line (e.g. "Director of Partnerships: Your name").
- Your motivations for applying
- Your experience to date and its relevance to the role
- How you meet the person specification for the role
- The date from which you are available to start
Dates and recruitment timeline
Applications close on Thursday 15th June 2023 at 5pm.
Should your application be successful, you will be invited to an interview on Tuesday 20th June so please keep this day free.
Start date: Ideally, we are looking for an individual to start the role by mid-July, in order to provide a comprehensive induction and handover. We understand this may not be possible for every applicant, so there may be some flexibility to accommodate the right candidate.