What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found an early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our ratings team at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven data analyst to join our ratings ops function and provide the whole ratings organisation with meaningful process and systemic data that both informs the wider company and fuels improvements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working independently and with both internal and external teams to build data pipelines that provide the metadata we need, both for existing and new internal systems and processes.
- Working with and influencing our existing tools to maximise the amount of data we can surface from them while keeping them user friendly for our ratings analysts.
- Continue developing and evolving existing data pipelines to provide increasingly detailed and meaningful insights.
- Create dashboards, apps and reports that present the data in a clear and actionable way to the leadership teams
- Analyse the findings to provide actionable recommendations and present back to the relevant stakeholders.
- Establish data best practices within the team and collaborate with other team members as a data expert.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a highly quantitative discipline
- At least 2 years professional experience as a data analyst, preferably within an ops function.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and/or Google Sheets, including knowledge of VBA and/or Google App Script
- Proven ability with building complex SQL queries.
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau is desirable.
- Experience with Retool is desirable.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to convey technical concepts clearly
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earthIs a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Early finishes on fridays whenever we can
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
Serbia (with access to an office in Belgrade if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.