Job Title: Portfolio Assistant
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: dependent on experience and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team in and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven Portfolio Assistant to jump on board. You’ll be reporting to Head of Portfolio Management (Mission Control) and performing administrative duties.
Mark Akerman (our CDTO) is leading, and already implementing, the companies new digital, data and technology strategy which will help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. Mark is now looking for an experienced Portfolio Assistant to join our Change team.
We know that an excellent Portfolio Assistant leads to better outcomes for our customers by enabling the performance of the Executive and team they support. This is why we are looking for a passionate, ambitious candidate who relishes working in a fast-paced environment where they have an opportunity to make a real difference.
What you will be working on:
- Managing our leaders’ time to ensure their diaries are accurate, free from clashes, prioritised and creating space for them to get work done. Anticipating changes and proactively supporting them to keep their plates spinning
- Supporting our leaders with their important weekly meetings whether that is with agenda, deck preparation, taking minutes or following up on actions
- Organise, facilitate and attend (where necessary strategy days and team meetings for the relevant pillar
- Attend meetings & take minutes & actions, when necessary
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of their world by proactively managing their inbox and keeping it clear of clutter and escalating important information to ensure it is addressed in a timely manner.
- Relationship building across your leaders organisation to keep your finger on the pulse of engagement.
- Owning the logistics of your leaders work life and their events. This could look like arranging day to day transport and accommodation, planning away days and socials for their team or ensuring they have a meeting room for every meeting.
- Assist with the production of documents & presentations & provide support with projects, when required
- Communicate professionally both internal & externally with key stakeholders
- Operate a continuous improvement mindset with identifying opportunities, making recommendations & executing improvements to systems & processes
- Ensure compliance with company & other relevant standards & regulations (including TCF)
- Any other reasonable duties as required
What we're looking for:
- Strong personal assistant experience, ideally to a senior team of Directors
- Highly organised and systematic
- Efficient & attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Previous exposure to or knowledge of the Financial Services or Fintech industry, experience in a transformation environment would be particularly beneficial
- Experience working in a regulated industry or environment
Qualities we look for:
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- A strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.