Poppy’s is a purpose-led, ambitious company on a mission to transform death care for the better. We know funerals can be life and grief-changing experiences so we guide and support people to have the funeral they want - whatever that means to them.
Poppy’s is on the cusp of transformational growth - we’re spending the next three years dramatically increasing the number of people we reach and serve. And in line with our purpose and values, we’re proud to be on the way to receiving our B Corp accreditation.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic relationships professional who is a natural networker, to build and nurture relationships with a range of people and organisations who have the influence to send new funeral clients to Poppy's.
Main purpose and scope of the role:
- Bring new clients to Poppy’s by building and nurturing meaningful personal relationships with the people and organisations who influence the public’s decision-making when it comes to choosing a funeral director.
- Develop a focused and strategic audience targeting plan so we connect with the right people and organisations.
- Coordinate the Poppy’s team to help deliver this plan so we work together seamlessly.
- Develop and deliver a programme of educational content, events and other initiatives that support these relationships whilst educating people on what great death care looks like.
- Make a demonstrable and measurable contribution to creating new funeral sales via these relationships, reporting on your progress with KPIs and targets.
- Help manage our new marketing CRM system, ideally you have experience of working with HubSpot or a similar system.
- Spend at least a day a month on the front line doing practical work and helping at funerals to ensure you remain connected to our work.
This is a fixed term contract to enable us to assess the viability of this role and its contribution to our business growth. There is the potential to extend to a permanent role should the post demonstrate strong returns.
We are looking for someone who is / has:
- A proven record at creating valuable long-term relationships that support business or organisational growth.
- The ability to build meaningful and persuasive personal and organisational relationships.
- An excellent communicator, storyteller and presenter with an eye for detail: you can be the compelling face of the brand and business.
- A natural shepherd, directing and coaching the team to build, nurture and develop impactful relationships so the organisation works in orchestra.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Independent and proactive.
- Tenacious and driven.
- Creative and imaginative when developing new routes to build business.
- Empathetic and shares our mission to make great death care expected and accessible to everyone.
Crucially, we expect everyone on the team to be able and willing to develop a sound understanding of the gentle, thoughtful, natural way we care for the dead people in our mortuary. We have no expectations of prior experience of this work.
The nature of our work means that we require everyone who joins us to have received both Covid-19 vaccinations, and their booster.
What we can offer you:
Term: 18-month fixed term contract
Salary: £40,000 basic per annum
Bonus: £10,000 available across the 18-month contract.
Location: Hybrid with some of the week spent at our Tooting HQ
Hours: 5 days per week, 9am to 5pm but open to discussion
Team: you’ll work autonomously in a busy, thriving team.
Reporting: you’ll report to the Head of Marketing
Holidays: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Employers pension contributions of 3%
Share options in Poppy’s.
Additional day off on your birthday
Paid time off for personal volunteering, up to one day per year
Up to one-week unpaid carers leave to support with caring responsibilities you may have.
Regular feedback and structured appraisals helping you to develop your career.
Part of a team where our work is incredibly rewarding and meaningful.
Regular programme of training sessions from colleagues or external speakers
Flexible working facilitated wherever possible.
Cycle to work scheme.
24hr access to employee assistance programme, with counselling, mental health support and financial and legal advice.