About Founders Forum
Founders Forum Group is an event-powered community and family of businesses supporting innovative entrepreneurs at every stage of their journeys. Founded in 2005, our invite-only forums unite founders, investors, corporate and government leaders to tackle era-defining questions in iconic locations across the globe.
Fuelled by the connections and ideas forged at our flagship events, Founders Forum businesses support the needs of today’s founders via networking, education, professional services, investment and charitable giving.
In 2023, Founders Forum Group acquired Tech Nation to continue to execute against Tech Nation’s mission to empower tech entrepreneurs, scale innovative startups, and provide a united platform for UK tech founders. Part of the many programmes under Tech Nation was their successful Reports, which this role will seek to relaunch under Founders Forum.
We are looking for a Head of Insights & Research to develop and deliver new research partnerships, digital research products, and research services to continue Tech Nation's work under Founders Forum. Alongside project work, the role is the team lead and will manage 1-2 team members, including supporting the growth of the department.
- Manage, communicate, conduct research (technical ability) and own the commercial acumen of the Insights & Research product and team. Commercial projects include data scoping, collection/procurement, architecture, undertaking and supporting qualitative and quantitative research, project management and client relations.
- Ideate and lead the development of new research proposals and projects.
- Proactively explore new opportunities for commercial revenue generation through research.
- Promote a development environment that is agile, fast-paced, and iterative
- Own the team’s growth strategy.
- Actively seek out collaboration opportunities across the organisation.
This is a role for you if…
- You have 3-5 years of experience in data science or a stats background with the ability to rapidly turn data around, work alongside data scientists and researchers in the team, and sense check information as a leader
- You are passionate about the tech and startup world and hungry to be in-the-know
- You are an expert and a leader in industry research including a working knowledge of primary and secondary research methods with ability to provide expertise, data support and advice on research queries across the organisation and to external clients
- You have project management experience
- You have client/funder relations management experience
- You have supplier and partner management experience
- You have a good understanding of data and research best practices, standards and governance - and enthusiastic to spearhead adoption of these
- You have excellent written communication and presentation skills
- You have an appetite for growth - and desire to build out the function and team required
- You hold strong connections in tech (and associated ecosystems) for partnership building, ability to pull in favours, and collaboration
- 26 days annual leave, additional leave between Christmas and New Years Day, and option to work remotely anywhere in the world for 3 weeks/year
- Join an ambitious and passionate team with quarterly team activities, lunches 1x/week, office drinks, snacks and team trips
- Access to the Founders Family network of businesses and wider tech ecosystem
- Mental health, wellbeing, and learning and development stipends
- Private healthcare package