Oliva is the employee mental wellbeing platform for companies who want to properly care for their people, and help them grow.
By combining proper therapy courses, coaching (the good kind), dedicated support for managers, and mental fitness classes—all led by a curated team of top professionals—Oliva helps employees respond to whatever hurdles life throws at them: big or small, at work and beyond.
We've raised funding from two of Europe's best venture capital firms and various top-notch angels. And now, we're looking for a top notch Senior Mobile Engineer to embark on this journey with us.
This isn't just any job. We want to make a meaningful impact on an industry that changes people’s lives. The ideal candidate is not only an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer, but also someone who’s passionate about joining a movement to reimagine modern mental healthcare.
You’ll develop our first mobile-based product that make it simple to access therapy and other mental health services alongside our web product, working with our product team on a day-to-day basis to design, build, and implement our mobile product.
Our existing technology is at a very early stage and lightweight. So you’ll get to build most things from scratch with few constraints from legacy technology.
You can either work in Europe/UK (with valid working permit) or from our little office in Barcelona.
You’ll make an impact in the following areas:
- Leading the mobile effort to develop our flagship mobile app in React Native with TypeScript, integrating with our existing backend (AWS Lambdas, Aurora PostgreSQL database, GraphQL with Nexus, Apollo Server & Relay)
- Up-skilling the existing product team on mobile best practises including testing, UX/UI, observability & monitoring, etc.
- Shipping apps to stores using tooling (such as Expo/EAS or App Center), involving code signing, publishing, and release management
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for building, testing & shipping React Native apps
- Using your proficiency with native languages (Swift for iOS or Kotlin for Android) to bridge React Native with native code where necessary
- Using your familiarity with mobile platform-specific APIs, SDKs, and guidelines to ensure proper integration and compliance with platform standards
You're a talented, senior-level Mobile engineer with extensive experience in shipping production technology to real users. You're used to working in a fast-paced environment ideally as one of the first mobile team members. You're a team player, and you're excited to build technology that has a real positive impact on people (not just another SaaS tool 😉).
You’ll be successful if you:
- Have a well-established track record shipping mobile products to real users
- Commercial React Native experience, including building complex UI components and handling state management
- Created/improved a mobile CI/CD pipeline
- Bonus point if you have shipped apps built in native languages like Kotlin or Swift
- Bonus point if you have good experience with React for the web, understanding modern concepts (hooks, suspense, server-side components etc.)
- Can communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken
- Are confident designing and implementing systems to keep user information secure
- Are an independent thinker and make sensible compromises between shipping features and keeping things stable
- Feel comfortable working in a SCRUM team and enjoy coaching colleagues to get the best out of themselves
- Are based in the UK/EU
- Happy to travel twice a year to our offsites for up to three nights
We come to work each day knowing that we're contributing to a truly meaningful mission: to improve the mental health of millions of people worldwide.
On top of this, you get:
- A healthy salary and early-employee stock options in a rapidly growing startup
- Plenty of paid time off to relax and recharge your batteries
- Private medical insurance or a healthcare allowance
- Therapy allowance—and encouragement to take advantage of it
- Wellbeing allowance to look after yourself
- Remote working allowance or a coworking membership
- Flexible hours
- Professional learning & development opportunities to help you grow
- An autonomous, vibrant, and flexible work environment
- Travel once per quarter to a team event
Diversity & inclusion
We know the tech industry has a diversity problem. Without proactively addressing this, we could easily end up hiring a lot of very similar people. So we’re enthusiastically encouraging applications from underrepresented groups in our industry. We hire with fairness and awareness—and we mean it.
Whoever you may be: regardless of age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, background, or identity, we’d love to hear from you. If you need any adjustments during the interview process, let us know and we’ll accommodate.
Who we are
Oliva is a tight-knit, experienced, and passionate team of engineers, designers, marketers, and psychologists. We’ve all been through our own battles with burnout, anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression. And while we’ve all had both positive and less positive experiences with mental healthcare, we know first-hand that talking through your problems makes a massive difference once you find the right person.
Our co-founders, Javier Suarez and Sançar Sahin, have both experienced the emotional highs and lows of scaling successful tech startups and lived to tell the tale. Javier co-founded the business travel startup TravelPerk—which went on to serve thousands of businesses and employ hundreds of people—and previously led innovation at Booking.com. Sançar has led marketing teams at Typeform, Hotjar, and GetApp.
If you’ve ever felt like you needed mental health support but had no idea where to start, you’re in good company. Our goal is to stop people feeling like that.
We are fully remote but you will need to be based in the UK or EU for our positions and be willing to travel twice a year for up to 3 nights. Unfortunately at the moment we are unable to sponsor working permits or visas.