Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we do things differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are Europe’s leading online flower company, and the UK’s fastest growing ecommerce company according to the Financial Times, growing at +100%.
In January 2021 we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), alongside other top tier investors including Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte, having acquired bloomon in April 2021 and Bergamotte in July 2021. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
Operations at Bloom & Wild
The Operations team at Bloom & Wild is split broadly into three sub-teams, although in practice these sub-teams all work very closely together:
- Forecasting & logistics - working closely with our fulfilment partners and carrier partners (and coordinating our own delivery network) to achieve operational excellence and optimise for customer satisfaction, delivery performance, capacity and associated COGS. This sub-team also manages our cross-functional peak planning processes and forecasting at fulfilment level
- Own fulfilment team - Across our 3 strong brands of; Bloom & Wild, Bloomon and Bergamotte we have various warehouses across the EU. The teams based at these sites optimises for customer satisfaction, quality and associated COGs
- Supply chain and quality - this team manages our supply chain for packaging and non floral gifts as well as working with our flower supply chain partners to optimise for quality in our supply chain
As a member of the ‘own fulfilment team’, the Fulfilment Manager will be based at the Innovation centre which is situated just outside of Nuneaton (UK) and within easy reach of Coventry M6. The Innovation Centre opened in July 2021 and fulfils orders as part of the range expansion plans. You will have a direct reporting line to the Senior Operations Manager and will be supported by the wider Operations Team (and the rest of the Bloom & Wild team of course!).
The Role and Ways of Working
As a Fulfilment Manager, you’ll be an integral part of the site management team and take responsibility for the efficient running of the Fulfilment line - pack our bouquets, plants and other products on a day-to-day basis and ultimately be responsible for supporting the onsite Operational Management team with creating a world-class fulfilment centre. Everything you do will reflect the strong culture and values we’ve been establishing across our business since day one. You’ll be hugely operationally and people focused (you need to be confident to manage up to 20 people directly) , ensuring that we continue to deliver on our mission to delight our customers with every product they receive.
This role will require you to work constantly on the weekends and three days during the weekdays (8 hours per day, week working days can be flexible upon successful interview).
Responsibilities will include:Advocate and enforce the site safety procedures, taking responsibility for all accident and near-miss reporting Running shifts with the view to maximise operational efficiency and productivity and to ensure in time, in full and error free fulfilment of all orders Effective labour planning, training and development Accurate completion of Shift Performance Reporting Working alongside the Quality Manager to ensure all products fulfilled from the UIC are in line with our quality standards Responsible for all people related activities including but not limited to employment relations cases such as; Investigation, Disciplinary, Absence and return to work meetings Continuous improvement of the fulfilment, seeking new ways of operating and initiatives Take ownership and responsibility for opening/closing the fulfilment centre
You:Minimum of one year experience as a Supervisor/Manager in a warehouse environment, with relevant People Management experience (horticultural/food manufacturing or ecommerce fulfilment experience is a plus but not essential) Intermediate MS office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to identify an issue and problem solve to resolution Previous experience using Fulfilment systems Strong stakeholder management skills Comfortable reporting data using Excel Structured approach to work with an ability to plan ahead and problem solve issues Fluent in English, both written and verbal You’ll embody all of our values: Stay Open Be Curious, Think Deeply Act Swiftly, Care Wildly, Lead Change For Good, in everything that you do
Our perks and benefits:
* 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days each year
* Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday each year
* Pension Contribution
* Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
* Personal Development Budget
* Discounts on our blooms!
* Enhanced Family Friendly Policy
* Workplace nursery - a salary sacrifice based childcare scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free onsite parking
* Equipped kitchen with snacks
* Lunch & Learns
* Bloom & Go Wild trips (once we’re able to again)