Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
● We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
● We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
● We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our ground breaking products
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As the Global Trading Manager, your role sits within the Commercial Finance Team and reports into the Commercial Finance Lead.
You will take on a broad commercially orientated role, covering all aspects of the global and regional business’ trading performance. You will work closely with the Commercial Finance Lead and Regional Directors to give a global lens on current trade performance and future risks and opportunities. You will give analysis and insight on trends within sell in and sell out and market share as well as assist the Commercial Finance Managers with any further analysis needed. This role has two direct reports.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London or Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- You and your team will be the ‘go to’ person for all trade related insight. Working closely with the Commercial Finance Lead to give a detailed level of insight into global trade performance weekly, monthly, quarterly and for the full year. Flag anomalies and risks and opportunities within regions.
- Business partner the regional sales teams and General Manager/Director to give useful insight, learnings and recommendation around trading and promotional performance
- Bring global efficiencies to how regional reporting around trade is presented and present in monthly syncs to CEO,CFO and CCO
- Manage the timely inputting of sales orders by sales admin and flag any issues arising
- Work closely with BI team for ongoing continuous improvement around data and reporting alignment
- Market share analysis regionally, reporting on trends and useful insight
- Work closely with the US Finance Manager to provide context to US trading and work closely together around forecasting trade and assessing promotional performance and opportunities
- Prepare insightful commentary and analysis on trading performance whether internal or external
- Assist with wider and ongoing analysis and projects as directed by the Commercial Finance Lead and CFO
- Manage and develop your team
- Continuous improvement of processes and efficiencies within the Commercial Finance Team
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record of business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Advanced excel/google sheets analytical skills, ability to handle and interpret large amounts of data
- Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can shape the future of Elvie from the ground upwards
- Have a “can do” attitude and be proactive in seeking solutions and implementing change
- Genuine love of working with data and transforming it to create insights
- Retail, FMCG or ecommerce environment experience
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.