Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 60 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
Other recent accolades saw Winnow awarded a winner of Impact 50's most impactful companies to work for. You can read more about it here.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
People and Planet Positive. We’re caretakers of the planet, helping to preserve and support it for now and the future. Our work already minimises the impact that the hospitality industry has on the planet, and we’re also committed to actively reducing our own footprint while doing so. We’re leaving the planet and its people better off than we found them.
About the team and the role
Our Dubai based team is dynamic, fun, collaborative, and focused on our clients' success while making a postive planetary impact by reducing food waste using AI technology in catering, hotels, resorts, and casinos. As part of our sales team, you will have a chance to learn more about sustainability, artificial intelligence for good, creating killer business case proposals, initiate the invoice process, and helping our business develop team win new clients. You will report directly to the Regional Business Development Manager in Dubai, and be part of a thoughtful and well planned training curriculum with hands-on development in every aspect of the role. Once you get stuck into the role, you will also have a chance to join new client pitches and have a chance to engage clients directly. We are hungry and humble. We are open and transparent. We are growing and expanding and building on an awesome global team with offices in Singapore, Dubai, Chicago, Romania, and London. And we are ranked 78th fastest growing European start-up by the FT.
- Conduct cold calling and other related outbound sales activities to generate new business
- Help keep our CRM up to scratch working alongside our business development team
- Work right alongside the team to develop, qualify and nurture new/existing inbound sales leads
- Share your ideas and implement winning ways to expand our lead generation
- Set up meetings with prospects, assist with client meetings and eventually lead your own meetings
- Keep the BD team organised and on track from lead generation, order form creation, first invoice generation, and client handover to our awesome customer success team
- And also collaborate with your peers and other team mates in other offices around the world!
Education and experience
- College or university degree with one or two years experience
- Exposure to the hospitality industry would be advantageous (but we can teach you if not)
- You crush Excel and PowerPoint and are able to manipulate data to present information in an informative and compelling way
- You are fluent in English and two other European languages
- Experience working with a CRM would be good but if you are comfy with a laptop and Apps then you will be fine
- You believe in doing what you say and walking the talent
- You are known for your optimistic and can-do attitude and we help build great skills for business and for life
- You love to learn. If we don't make some mistakes, it means we aren't trying new things.
- You learn from mistakes and get stronger from them because we care about the quality of our work
- You pick up things quickly and retain information and able to apply the knowledge to different contexts
- You like to see your ideas come to life and give deep thought to your recommendations and proposals
- You know that the details matter as much as the big ideas
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- 2 Wellness hours per month, plus monthly wellness allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline for your wellbeing
- Group Life Insurance policy
- Private health insurance + Annual ticket for yourself
- 22 days of paid annual leave in addition to national holidays
- We finish at 3PM local time globally on very Friday
- Ability to buy extra holidays as needed
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business