Glean are looking for a motivated, collaborative, fun and engaging Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing Sales Team. At its core, this is a lead generation role, with the aim of booking meetings for the Account Executives through outbound calling and the use of creative email sequences. The SDR will be generating new opportunities by working closely and collaboratively with the other SDRs, the Account Executives, and the Marketing team.
The Sales Development Representative role provides a great career development platform for individuals who are commercially-oriented, ambitious and enthusiastic. The SDR team is often the starting point for our conversations with new potential customers, and are therefore vital ambassadors of Glean. As a result, we are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who enjoys speaking and engaging with prospective customers, with the goal of helping those customers to solve problems, and accelerating our growth.
- Outbound engagement with global prospects, primarily in the United States, via calls, emails, and supporting on the occasional webinars, to generate new leads and sales opportunities.
- Qualifying inbound leads using a structured process.
- Nurturing and developing prospects and leads before handing over to the AE team to close.
- Working with the Sales Manager and the Account Executives to identify ongoing strategic targets and then building sequences to prospect to those people.
- Maintaining all contacts/opportunities and tracking all progress on the CRM.
- Identifying best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook and sharing that with the team. We value collaboration and open discussion.
- Become an expert in our note-taking solutions and the value they provide for our higher education customers, keeping up-to-date on the latest industry trends and case studies to engage with our prospective customers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- Self-motivated with a diligent work ethic and excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- While we would typically look for someone with 1+ year of experience in a similar sales role, this is not essential. At Glean we are committed to supporting our employees in developing their skills, and recognise that we all have to start somewhere.
- You do not need a degree to apply to this role.
- If you've got CRM experience, that's great, even better if you’re familiar with Hubspot! If you don't, we can teach you how to use our systems.
The whole package
£23,000 dependent on experience
Some little things that make a big difference:
- 33 days annual leave + 3 gifted days at Christmas
- Generous individual learning and training allowance
- Truly flexible hours to suit when you work best
- Full home working set up and beautiful collaborative office space
- Nomad working policy with family travel insurance
- Enhanced 26 weeks maternity and 4 weeks paternity (fully paid)
- Health cash plan (from glasses to massages)
- 6% employer pension contribution
Ways of working:
Whilst we love having people in the office, we do support UK remote working, hybrid working and office based employees. We do have expectations for all employees to be in a minimum of once a quarter for company events.
Working arrangements would be discussed at interview however it is worth noting that most of our prospects and customers are in North America, and as such our SDRs are encouraged to be flexible with their working hours, so they get more timezone crossover with their prospects.
Glean empowers learners with the confidence and ability to build useful knowledge in an age of information overload. Our inclusive learning technology is used by 100,000s of students to gain 21st century learning skills with a proven note taking process. We aim to reduce waste by helping learners to get more value from working with spoken language.
Our mission is to challenge how the world thinks about learning so that it’s more accessible, productive, and purposeful for all learners. Join our values-driven and growing team if you’re excited by our goal to change a million lives for the better.