Legal Counsel – Part time
Part time 22.5 hours per week – Cambridge based.
£63,000 - £70,000 FTE
The Biodiversity Consultancy is looking for a capable, highly organised and motivated Legal Counsel to support our projects, consultants and day-to-day running of our business. We are a thriving international nature consultancy with an international team, projects and client base. This role is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business at a pivotal time in our journey.
You will provide legal advice and support across operations, IT, HR, communications and finance. Located at our office in Cambridge, with the potential for some home-working, the successful candidate will work with the senior team to ensure legal compliance.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1. Act as general counsel for the business, and provide in-house legal advice to senior management team and others critical to the business.
2. Lead in the review and negotiation of legal client contracts, contractor agreements and related documents, such as NDAs, addendums, amendments and sub-contractor agreements.
3. Lead in managing TBC’s own legal template contracts.
4. Create and implement a strategy to manage and company intellectual property.
5. Keep up to date with relevant changes to commercial law and practice.
6. Support HR in reviewing employment contracts and contractor agreements.
7. Assist in other management projects and tasks as necessary
Skills and Attributes:
· Law degree with 5+ years post qualified experience
· Experience in overseeing commercial activities, including contract review and management, employment law, corporate governance and intellectual property.
· Self-sufficient with demonstrated skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Excellent communication skills, particularly in explaining complex legal issues to a non-technical audience.
· Flexible approach and a team player
· Pro-active, solutions-focussed approach
· Ability to work in French
· Understanding of employment or commercial law in France or another European country
· Understanding of GDPR
· Experience and understanding of UK employment law.
The Biodiversity Consultancy works with business and finance to integrate nature into sustainability strategy and practice. Since 2006 we have guided clients across sectors and around the world to respond to biodiversity- and nature-related risk and create new ways of working which deliver business value and safeguard our natural environment.
We place a high value on the experience and expertise of our staff and strive to create the conditions for individuals to grow and flourish in a stimulating, collaborative and flexible culture. Personal development is important to us and as such we offer a comprehensive, tailored induction and ongoing in-house and external training opportunities.
More can be found about our work and our team at www.thebiodiversityconsultancy.com
In return we can offer flexible working, a generous pension scheme, life insurance, potential non-contractual bonus and the experience of working with a great team of people committed to nature sustainability. We take steps to minimise our own impact on the environment and donate 12.5% of profits to environmental charities and projects, chosen by staff.
Application deadline is Wednesday 31st May, early applications are encouraged.
The Biodiversity Consultancy is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
So far this section doesn't actually say much about TBC's business, but rather elaborates on the role. [KP1]
I have taken the TBC paragraph from a previous advert. [WM2]