💷 Competitive base salary plus commission - realistic year one OTE £50k
📍Hybrid Based Role - 2-3 days a week at our Lincoln office, the others at home.
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for an experienced and tenacious Insurance Development Manager, reporting directly to the Director of Insurance, to help us achieve this.
Our market leading software platform streamlines the property lettings process for agents, landlords and tenants, our Insurance division is a key driver of revenue growth, and we’re looking for somebody to help propel this growth even further!
You will join the Insurance Development Management team and your key focus will be to consult, promote and monitor Insurance product conversion by our letting agent clients.
You must have experience in B2B sales and be comfortable selling insurance products to lettings agents in a consultative manner.
You will ideally have a good understanding of the lettings cycle to help support our lettings agents maximise their growth through our product ranges.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!).
But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy:
- Analysing current customers product use and looking for opportunities to support improvements in their overall proposition
- Following an FCA-compliant sales process
- Promoting the value of our products to new customers and working with the wider Insurance sales team and Director of Insurance to onboard and train new Key clients
- Tracking and reporting on weekly progress
- Working with the wider Insurance sales team and our Customer Success team to identify further opportunities and flag any risks
- Working in a healthy performance and process-driven environment. Your success will be measured against your sales performance, your customers’ satisfaction ratings and your ability to adhere to a rigorously-regulated process
- Work alongside the other Insurance Development Managers and Director of Insurance to deliver round table meetings with groups of customers to help promote all areas of the business and consult on best industry practice
You should apply if:
- you have proven success in a B2B BDM role (this should include up-selling, x-selling and closing)
- you're able to establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively over the phone and face-to-face
- you're target-driven and motivated with a positive and resilient attitude, and can maintain it even under pressure
- you have strong IT literacy: you will be expected to produce various reports and presentations
- you’re able to work autonomously and you're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- you have excellent spoken and written English, with outstanding communication skills
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- you get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- What we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
It would be great if:
- you have experience in B2B insurance sales and/or commercial experience in the lettings industry
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too
- 💞 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passion.
- 🤗Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Strictly NO agencies - we are not looking for extra support at this time, we have trusted partners that we would turn to should we need to.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide Sponsorship for this role