About the role
Our Production & Despatch Assistant joins a team who ensures Porthleven’s roastery operation runs smoothly. On any day, you will:
- Prepare and pack finished products for customer orders, both wholesale and retail.
- Check goods-in deliveries, counting, recording and reporting stock movements accurately.
- Support the day-to-day distribution requirements in a reliable and timely manner.
- Ensure all workspace is kept tidy, orderly, and safe.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Support the wider roastery team with ad hoc duties to support the business's operational needs.
Ideally, you’ll come from a Hospitality, Customer Service or Warehousing background and have a passion for specialty coffee. To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A positive and collaborative nature
- Have demonstrated experience in warehousing and/or packaging line operations
- Comfortable being on your feet all-day
- Able to work shift patterns, Monday to Saturday
- A forklift license is a bonus!
If you are the right candidate, this could be your opportunity to shape a career join one of Cornwall's most progressive companies, leading our industry.
- 29 days holidays including bank holidays and your birthday off
- Length of service entitlement including an additional four days of leave
- Sabbatical and remote working options - role applicable
- Financial Support and Wellbeing
- Time off for volunteering
- Mental Health and Physical First Aid Training
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Transitioning at Work Leave and Pay
- Employee Assistant Programme - a comprehensive suite of support from an (EAP) including help with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
- Continued Professional Development specific to your role
- Full SCA Training and Q grader training (role specific)
- Employee Referral Scheme of £200
- Cycle to work scheme
- Combined employer and employee pension contribution of 8%
- Endless free coffee at work and weekly take home
- Discounts in all our cafés and on our merchandise and partners
- Regular social and team events serving exceptional food & drink.