Glean is passionate about helping our learners achieve their potential. In order to inform work for potential new product development, user segments, and markets, we are scaling our research capability to support our Product, Product Marketing, and UX teams in learning much more about what our current users love about Glean, and what other problems we can solve. This research will be critical in driving Glean's mission of positively impacting more than 1 million learners.
The User Researcher will be a vital force in fuelling Glean’s plans for growth, by helping key teams to understand & represent the needs, behaviours, motivations, and experiences of users in a way that informs product, product marketing, and design strategy. The User Researcher will play a crucial role in creating products and services that meet user needs and provide a positive and impactful experience.
- Identifying and defining research objectives: Collaborate with stakeholders to identify research questions and define the scope of the research project.
- Developing research plans: Design and plan research activities, select appropriate methods, and determine the timeline and resources needed for the project.
- Conducting research: Execute research activities, such as interviews, surveys, usability testing, and observations, to gather data on user needs, behaviours, and experiences.
- Analysing data: Process, analyse, and synthesise data collected from research activities to identify patterns, trends, and insights.
- Communicating findings: Present research findings and actionable recommendations to stakeholders in a clear, concise, and compelling manner, using visualisations and storytelling techniques as appropriate.
- Informing decision-making: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate research insights into design improvements, product features, or strategic direction.
- Advocating for users: Act as the voice of the user within the organisation, ensuring that their needs and perspectives are considered throughout the product development process.
What we are looking for
- 5 years + experience conducting user research
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in conducting research that informs product solutions which have had a large impact and created value for customers.
- Experience with a variety of research methodologies and tools.
- Comfortable speaking with users to understand their needs, ability to navigate difficult conversations and put users at ease.
- Experience coaching / mentoring others to build the research skills across the product team and wider business.
The whole package
3 months initially, with the option to extend
£40,000 - £50,000 (per annum) dependent on experience
Some little things that make a big difference:
- 33 days annual leave + 3 gifted days at Christmas
- Generous individual learning and training allowance
- Truly flexible hours to suit when you work best
- Full home working set up and beautiful collaborative office space
- Nomad working policy with family travel insurance
- Enhanced 26 weeks maternity and 4 weeks paternity (fully paid)
- Health cash plan (from glasses to massages)
- 6% employer pension contribution
Glean empowers learners with the confidence and ability to build useful knowledge in an age of information overload. Our inclusive learning technology is used by 100,000s of students to gain 21st century learning skills with a proven note taking process. We aim to reduce waste by helping learners to get more value from working with spoken language.
Our mission is to challenge how the world thinks about learning so that it’s more accessible, productive, and purposeful for all learners. Join our values-driven and growing team if you’re excited by our goal to change a million lives for the better.