📍 Based 2-3 days a week in the office (you can choose either our London or Sheffield office as your base location) the other days are up to you - remote/wfh, office, the choice is yours
🧭 Regular travel to your non base office is required (travel paid)
About the Role
Our mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Director of Marketing, reporting directly to the CEO, to help us achieve this.
As Director of Marketing you will drive revenue growth for Goodlord’s SaaS and services based solutions by directing all online and offline marketing initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
As a key member of the management team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies which strengthen the businesses position in the marketplace and build sustainable growth.
We hire for talent at Goodlord so whilst we do need you to be an experienced Marketer & strong people leader - the core responsibilities, day to day and ‘about you’ will be enhanced depending on the level, expertise and specialism that you bring.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Lead, develop and inspire a marketing team of 12 to achieve expected business goals of customer acquisition, brand awareness and customer revenue
- Take ownership of the business’ brand(s) and reputation including PR and communications
- Partner with sales and product leadership to create and execute demand generation strategies that closely align with sales strategy, company vision and go-to-market team KPIs
- Strategically align with the product team to define buyer personas, value proposition, messaging, and content requirements
- Work with the sales leadership team to create lead generation programmes to grow target markets, with a heavy focus on developing inbound marketing through content and SEO
- Champion a structured, accountable and data-oriented approach to demand generation. Build forecasts, dashboards and other tools to effectively track performance and ROI, and work with the Finance team to manage the budget effectively.
- Conduct market research, benchmarks, polls, and customer studies to better understand our product market fit, stay abreast of competition and identify further business or revenue opportunities
You should apply if you have:
- Extensive commercial experience developing B2B and/or B2B2C marketing strategy for SaaS businesses
- Exceptional people leadership skills with the ability to bring your team on the journey with you. You should have examples of where you have supported those who may not be performing as expected to help them succeed and where you have identified high performing talent to help them realise their potential/ambitions
- Track record of delivering revenue results through inbound marketing initiatives
- Significant senior leadership experience with proven ability to manage stakeholders of all seniority - ideally having managed cross functional project teams (not essential!)
- Extensive growth marketing background and analytical mindset, with a drive to lead a high performing team
- Experience managing multiple brands operating under the same group of companies
It would be great if you also have:
- Previously conducted in-depth market analysis to identify new products and pricing strategy to take to market
- Experience and working knowledge of Hubspot and Salesforce
- Experience managing a well oiled Marketing Operations function
- Renttech/proptech/property industry experience
- A data driven mindset and are excited by the numbers!
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians.
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
As if that were not exciting enough we have backing from some of the best respected technology investors out there. Our shareholders are backing us to be ambitious and we need to attract top talent to help us achieve our mission.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our core values is “Bring our whole selves to work” which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
No Agencies Please - we are recruiting this role directly and we have trusted partners we would turn to should we need support.
Unfortunately Sponsorship is not available for this role