Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $160M in venture capital and we’re growing year over year.
We are looking for a Field Operations Manager to help launch and manage Bevi’s operations in the Dallas and Fort Worth area. Reporting to the Director of Service Operations, our Field Operations Manager will launch the Dallas region as a team of one, with lots of support from our HQ in Boston. As the number of machines in the market grows, they will be expected to build out a team of technicians under them. You will also be expected to offer strategic operational support and training to our local channel partners.
The successful candidate will be comfortable managing a team of technicians, have experience as a mobile technician themselves, and be committed to providing best-in-class service to Bevi’s customers as we launch Dallas as a new market.
We are looking for someone with a true ownership mentality - this will be YOUR market, and its growth and success is directly tied to your customer’s experience with our product and service team.
What you will do:
- Launch, build and lead the Field Service team to complete field service activities in and around Dallas and Fort Worth
- Over the first ~6 months, balance computer based communication duties with time spent in the field servicing machines themselves
- Create daily schedules with efficient routing to drive technician productivity
- Manage the new customer installation process post-sales by coordinating the site inspection, completing all necessary install documentation, and ensuring the install takes place according to the customer’s expectations
- First learn themselves, then provide training and coaching to team members on servicing machines, completing machine design change updates, troubleshooting software and hardware, and good practices when communicating with customers
- Manage the day to day operations of our small scale warehouse, including managing inventory and vehicles
- Lead root-cause troubleshooting efforts to resolve machine issues quickly and to customer expectations
- Develop new processes and Standard Operating Procedures to improve field service efficiency
- Gather and share customer and service feedback with the product team, improving future versions and iterations of our product
- Own Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets including machine uptime, customer service, unplanned service rate, and monthly machine visits
- 5+ years experience in operations/operations management or field service
- 2+ years leadership experience in building and leading a team
- Demonstrated process improvement experience, strong analytical, communication and time management skills
- Savvy with management information tools including ticket tracking, excel, ERP, business intelligence and KPI reporting.
- Proven track record for providing high levels of customer service with strong ownership
- A passion for our mission and our product
- Experience in Start-Up and high growth company preferred but not required
- Comfortable working with customers and being the face of Bevi customer service
- An active license to drive a vehicle in the local market serviced
- Comfort using modern digital tools for communication and employee management
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- 401(k) with company match, and environmentally responsible investment options
- Flexible PTO plus 9 company holidays, and additional paid days for sick leave, etc (including sustainability or social justice volunteer events)
- Generous fully paid parental leave for both birth parents and non-birth parents
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and (of course) unlimited Bevi ... plus composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability