What is the corporate team at S&G?
The corporate events division of Sharky and George continues to expand and develop and we are now seeking someone passionate, driven and creative to join our team. We are looking for someone who is organised, creative and keen to embrace a new challenge. Although our clients are corporate companies the events we organise are anything but, they range from adult’s treasure hunts (with a twist!), to children’s Christmas parties for 600 guests, to charity days and film screenings. We are also developing the international side of our business, planning events abroad so we would anticipate that there may be opportunities for travel to support the management of these events in the future.
A typical day will be responding to client enquiries, sourcing products, pulling kits together and researching suppliers or venues. There is also potential to manage events on site.
- Responding to corporate event enquiries in a timely manner
- Supporting other members of the corporate team through research projects and various administrative tasks ie sourcing new suppliers or craft ideas
- Creating kit lists, ordering and packing kit for corporate events, and working with the logistics team where necessary to ensure all kit is packed correctly and deliveries are scheduled.
- Scheduling, preparing for and attending client meetings and site visits
- Creative brainstorming and subsequent development and implementation of ideas for events
- Creating detailed event proposals for corporate clients using Canva
- Providing detailed costings of events in line with relevant budgets
- Meticulously planning and executing events for children and adults including but not limited to liaising with suppliers and venues, hiring or commissioning props and sets, sourcing wild and wonderful things, overseeing set up and take down and where necessary event managing
- Working with the team to ensure all relevant licences, documents and assessments are in place before events
- Genuinely understanding the feasibility of ideas in the context of each event
- Working closely in a team of 4 event planners to ensure efficient running of all S&G corporate events
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- A ‘can do’ and proactive attitude
- Meticulously organised and forward thinking with an eye for detail
- Ability to work autonomously under the direction from senior team members
- Happy to get stuck in on a practical level
- Punctual and reliable with a flexible approach to work
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects against tight deadlines
- Excellent phone manner and verbal communication skills
- The ability to develop good working relationships with clients and team members
- Proficiency using a range of office software, including gDrive, Zoom and ideally design software ie Canva
- The ability to be adaptive, responsive and to problem solve whilst remaining calm under pressure and professional at all times
- Friendly, enthusiastic and personable
- Office and events experience desirable
The role is full-time, to commence at the earliest opportunity. Salary for this role will be subject to experience (c£24-£28k). The role is predominantly office based with some flexibility for home working, you would be joining a very friendly and hard working team of like minded party planners at an HQ filled with games, sweets, toys and cake!