Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
Did you want to grow up and work in a boring office? Us neither. At Runway East, we've been on a mission to destroy boring offices since 2014, in whatever size, shape and form they take. Since launching, we now have 8 buildings in London, Bristol and Brighton offering unique flexible office space for teams of 1 - 100 to work in, enjoying everything from dogs on demand to our famed Friday drinks trolley.
Our Runway East team enjoys a bunch of great benefits and unrivalled perks, from private healthcare to team trips abroad. We’ve also recently become a B Corp and think it’s important for our team to give a damn about its impact on the planet and its people.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product members genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re ready to take full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
As a member of the Product team, you will play a pivotal role in delivering additional services beyond the standard Runway East experience. You’ll drive events and meeting room revenue and ensure consistent and excellent service for meeting room and event bookings, for both our existing members and external parties.
Whilst no two days are the same, your key responsibilities will revolve around:
- Managing the events inbox, booking in events promptly and answering all customer queries, as well as maintaining a clear calendar of events across our sites.
- Liaising with customers effectively in advance of their event or meeting room booking, whether that be over the phone, over email or in person.
- Communicating with our community team to ensure that any catering, A/V, security or staff requirements are met in advance of the booking.
- Events administration from handling invoices to reporting on KPIs and producing regular sales reports. You’ll log everything in the events CRM and follow up requests efficiently.
- Marketing our events spaces as well as select meeting rooms across our website and 3rd party channels.
We’ll support you through a Level 3 Events Assistant apprenticeship, providing mentoring and study support. You’ll have 8 hours per week dedicated to studying for your qualification, built into the working day.
Who You Are:
- Commercial - you understand that our members = our business, and you are focused on supporting their needs. You’re excited to build a customer-centric career.
- Detail-oriented - you ensure that things are right the first time, and can spot issues and errors before they reach customers. You are meticulous and thrive on being highly organised.
- Reactionary - you’re able to adapt your priorities based on company and member needs. When things don’t go to plan, you can adapt before customers even notice.
- Drive - you’re a keen learner and like to spot opportunities for improvement. When you don’t know something you embrace the chance to grow and get better, and you’re not afraid to ask questions.
- Resilience - you love to troubleshoot and solve problems with a positive, can-do attitude. You’re eager to take on new challenges.
- Experience - This is an entry-level position, but any sort of administrative experience is welcome.
Note - this role is a full-time, in-office position based at our London HQ.
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit.
What About the Money?
£18,000 p.a. + £2,000 OTE
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
You can find out more about our values and perks here.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.