Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm ) based in our Blackpool office (not hybrid)
Salary: £25k - £27k + up to 20% bonus
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a driven and ambitious Telephone Business Development Manager to support us on our journey.
Responsible for proactively working with brokers on a desktop basis to enhance relationships, increase sales opportunities, work within a team to positively contribute to the delivery of departmental and business key performance objectives and provide accurate MI and analysis to management. The job holder will be required to comply with the individual conduct rules and meet the Company’s fit and proper standards, which will be assessed on a regular basis.
The Mortgage Division is a leading provider of specialist mortgage products in the UK intermediary market. We provide a wide range of products that satisfy the market’s demand and have a reputation for providing excellent service, building strong relationships and being experts in our field.
You will be working with brokers, Networks, Clubs and Packagers supporting them to provide expert guidance on Tandems range of Mortgages.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Ongoing management, development & recruitment of Brokers and any related external organisations.
- Review referrals in line with Tandem criteria & ensure referral data is accurately recorded. Provide feedback on re-occurring issues and training opportunities.
- Work alongside your designated Key Relationship Manager to provide support to them and the wider intermediary community.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with the brokers responding to enquiries in a timely manner and resolving any queries or issues providing one call resolution.
- Achievement of individual and Team Targets and KPI’S (Business Volume & Product Mix) and maximise business opportunities.
- Ensure minimum meeting frequency & training expectations are met to maintain acceptable quality standards of introducer submissions.
- Effectively present & communicate with your broker network to educate on our products and how we could positively change their business.
- Interpret and present management information reports to enhance broker performance.
- As a TBDM, you get an opportunity for developing sales skill & operational experience where both your work and results are highly tangible and directly impact the success of our team.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- You take ownership of everything you do, are proactive and follow through on commitments.
- You’re humble and you share our passion for building and enhancing broker relationships.
- Experience within a financial services environment is preferable, however training and support will be given.
- Ability to self-motivate and use own initiative to achieve individual target, combined with ability to positively contribute to a team.
Qualities we look for:
- Team Player, willing to go the extra mile
- Positive can-do attitude with a flexible approach to meet business needs
- Good organisational and time management skills resulting in the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good questioning techniques and investigative skills.
- Strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office.
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger