We are looking for an individual who is confident, proactive, and with an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ spirit. Proven experience in a customer facing role in a service led industry is a must, as is a strong customer care ethic. Experience working within a ‘start-up’ or SME would also be beneficial. The individual should be highly organised with the ability to multitask and react quickly within a fast-paced environment. Along with the ability and confidence to build relationships with new and existing members of our thriving community. Being able to work effectively with a variety of computerised systems is essential, as is fluent written and spoken English. Finally, we encourage individuality so that you can be yourself to bring your best every day.
In return we promise to support and guide you in your role and will provide the following compensation package: competitive salary, pension provision, discretionary bonus, Health Fund, 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays), 2 volunteer /charity (paid) days, Share Options, Better Space access, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), and an Employee Referral Scheme.
x+why is the Place for Better Business. We design, create and manage flexible workspaces for companies, movements and individuals who believe that business should be used as a force for good. We believe that advancing people and planet, as well as profit, goes beyond responsibility; it makes exceptional sense. We currently have six spaces in London and Birmingham (with four more spaces across the UK coming soon). We inspire and support our community of purpose-driven companies through content, conversation, events, and bespoke Programmes.
We have everything that you would expect from a luxury co-working office (tech, coffee, Wi-Fi, music, plants, etc), as well as sustainable and ethical design and principles at our heart. We have an in-house wellness programme for our members to enjoy and now a private members club! We absolutely live our values. Come and join us!!
Senior Community Manager
Reporting to: Area Operations Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for the commercial (including member acquisition, renewals and increasing external event opportunities) and operational success (including member engagement, service levels, site green performance maintenance) of all sites under your portfolio.
As Senior Community Manager, you will be accountable for the impact, commercial and operational success within your site(s). You’ll be the primary point of contact for your site team and ensure the day-to-day needs are met. You set the tone and standard for your team on service, product, member engagement and impact.
You will work closely with the Area Operations Manager and Head of Sales and People/Culture team (as they are amended from time to time) to oversee:
- member engagement/inspiration and any relevant KPI’s;
- site operational aspects including service level, site sustainability KPIs, facilities management and compliance; and
- financials (member acquisitions, retentions and events revenue) for your site(s).
- sales (processes, negotiations, and contracts)
You will lead and support any Community Managers (CM’s) and Community Associates (CA’s) teams at your site(s) in delivery of their KPI targets. You will ensure the teams are delivering a fun and inspiring environment in which our members can thrive. As Senior Community Manager, you must be passionate about impact, operations, sales, people, building and maintaining relationships as well as encouraging everyone around you to do the same.
You will deliver this by (responsibilities/duties):
- Embodying x+why values as a Brand Ambassador in your city
- Celebrate collaboration with local businesses and communities through impactful events and partnerships.
- Prioritise people with every small action. Support, inspire, educate, amplify, and connect people through our company Mission.
- Enable impact by putting People and Planet first, encouraging people who use our spaces to do the same.
- Engage with Marketing team and Events & Memberships Manager to build events program and drive ancillary revenue.
- Create local partnerships in line with our brand and values
- Work with Impact & Culture Manager (as amended from time to time) to understand/learn and then take responsibility for ensuring site teams are delivering Member Inspiration activities and KPI’s at your site(s) including:
- Ideas and activities for how members can engage with each other and get to know those in their site;
- Ideas and activities for how members engage with the social portal and x+why social media;
- Supporting members with wellbeing and amplification; and
- Holding and encouraging members to attend our in-house Programmes.
- Ensure all sites in your portfolio deliver ‘members first’ mentality to meet /exceed service KPIs/Standards to ensure member satisfaction in terms of their service and product experience
- Deliver key events in your site(s) including Summer and Winter party and key team events
- Accountable for success of impact, operational and financial success of your site(s)
- Manage the CM’s and CA’s and ensure that they are clear on their individual roles and responsibilities
- Perform one-to-ones and performance-based reviews with your team and document. Provide support through training plans and Personal Improvement Plans where needed
- Assist the Area Operations Manager in executing existing and new SOPs to ensure processes and standards are upkept
- Act as escalation point for CM’s, coaching individuals through difficult conversations and resolving escalated member issues effectively with support from the AOM where required
- Report on site and sales performance monthly and as requested. Act on agreed Financial, Site Membership, Member Inspiration KPIs
- Deliver on P&L, budget, revenue, and member satisfaction working with Finance and Member Engagement Manager as needed
- Responsible for the monthly bill run of your site(s)
- Build and nurture relationships with all partners including landlords, brokers, community stakeholders, and event vendors
- Oversee relationship with Facilities provider(s) ie M&G (or as placed at x+why Head Office) in your site(s), undertaking monthly walkarounds to ensure the site is fit for purpose and up to x+why standard and meeting agreed ‘green (sustainability) impact’ (Site Green Performance).
- Ensure that the statutory and company Health and Safety standards and obligations are adhered to for all people in the sites under your remit. This includes accident reporting, managing fire evacuations, performing client inductions, and conducting regular Health and Safety checks
- Potential to assist the Area Operations Manager with the launch of New Site Openings within your area.
- Work with members of the sales team and support the sales structures and processes for your site(s)
- Lead the sales process including tours of your site(s), proposals, negotiations, and raising contracts
- Manage the move-in and move-out process ensuring dilapidations are accounted for.
- Responsible for full P&L and cashflow management of site including revenues and full cost oversight.
- Liaising with Finance team on reporting of financials on a monthly basis including oversight and budget management.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing team and onsite Community teams to promote all sales (predominately member acquisitions, F&B, memberships, events and meeting rooms) and retentions as well as possible additional revenue streams/services.
- Control of suppliers and terms based on framework approved with Area Operations Manager.
- Working with your Community team to ensure all debts are collected through monthly billing procedures and debt chasing protocols.
- Responsibility and support to Finance team in presentation of monthly financials and strategies to the Landlord.
If you feel that you could deliver in this role, please submit an application. Worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Please don’t! Applicants often second guess themselves when applying for new roles. So, if you are worried you don’t meet all the criteria, or that your application may look a little different, please get in touch anyway and let us do the worrying for you. We can't wait to hear from you!
- Cycle to work
- Perks at work
- £30 Betterspace allowance
- Onsite fruit, snacks and drinks
- 2x volunteer days per year
- 25 days annual leave
- Company wide hang outs
Click on the apply button for a more in depth job description and apply on the organisation's website. Please mention Escape the City in your application.