ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a Contracts and Payments Support Engineer to help us achieve this.
Contracts and Payments form a core part of the functionality of the Goodlord platform. Together, they enable tenancy execution and the efficient collection and handling of tenancy related payments. The smooth running of these systems is therefore vital to the success of the platform. As a Contracts and Payments Support Engineer, your role is to ensure that the systems work as expected and intervene when needed. You will work closely with both our customers and other internal teams to onboard agents, promptly address their queries and resolve/escalate issues as they arise.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Monitoring the Contract and Payments inboxes and answering agent queries
- Prioritising issues based on impact and reach
- Liaising with clients over the phone to confirm details of their onboarding
- Assessing documents submitted to us and amending them to function within Goodlord
- Create bespoke branding for agencies platforms
- Communicating timelines with agents on when to onboard their tenancies and leading them through and actioning the process
- Fixing issues using a combination of inhouse tools and sql queries
You should apply if you:
- have working knowledge of HTML or some other markup language
- have experience working with SQL, preferably in a MySQL environment
- are comfortable working in Excel or Google sheets
- have strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- have experience working in an end user support environment
- are super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
It would also be great if:
- You are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing and discussing them with senior stakeholders and get excited about executing them
- You’re resilient to change, flexible and adaptable
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting and varied products and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Regrettably we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role
No Agencies Please - We have tried and trusted partners we would turn to should we require support