Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 124 million registered learners. Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business.
Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021. As a B Corp, we're committed to driving positive social and environmental impact while delivering high-quality learning experiences. Our platform is used by institutions worldwide to upskill and reskill employees, citizens, and students across industries, including data science, technology, and business.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
At Coursera, our goal is to enable our learners to make progress towards their goal anytime, anywhere. As a member of the Mobile team, your work would enable our learners to seamlessly continue their learning experience whether at home, work, or on the go. In order to do this, we place our learners first, think about their workflows, and develop a product experience that enables and motivates them to complete courses and achieve career goals.
Coursera’s Android application has been seeing massive growth in the last few years. As a key technical leader on the mobile team, you will have an opportunity to ship impactful features to millions of world wide learners while mentoring a team of engineers and having impact on the whole mobile team. You’ll work with the latest Google technologies to enhance the architecture and design that support features to delight our learners. You will work closely with product, backend engineers, QA & design to deliver impactful initiatives that correlate with product and engineering OKRs. The apps you build will be used by millions of users to learn new skills that will shape their careers and impact their lives in a positive way.
- Create an innovative and delightful mobile learning experience on Android that scales across a wide range of devices.
- Serve as a technical lead throughout the full SDLC, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Mentor, coach & support your fellow engineers with mobile best practices
- Analyze trade-offs across options for app technology and architecture. Influence and lead roadmap towards the right technological choices for Coursera.
- Define service requirements, design and interact with backend API endpoints that enable fast and efficient user interaction on mobile.
- Work with iOS team members to ensure parity when possible
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to deliver features that enhance the learner experience.
- Ship experiments and run statistical tests to measure the impact of your work. Analyze the impact with PM & DS teams to inform launch decisions
- Drive high-quality Android app releases and help define metrics to keep regressions in check and enhance engineering excellence
- Implement best coding practices and ensure the apps are well tested
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with Java / Kotlin
- serving as technical lead throughout the full SDLC, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Experience in building native Android apps, knowledge of Android development SDKs
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience conducting code reviews and participating in design reviews, and knowledge of deploying apps to play store
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: