Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now use government services, work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join 1,600 curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for critical government services, and for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe.
The role in a nutshell:
Kin + Carta are looking for an experienced highly motivated, entrepreneurial and dedicated Programme Technical Lead to join our growing Public Sector delivery team. Based out of a new Bristol K+C office, this role will bring expertise from working within government organisations to help us blend K+C's ways of working with government standards and codes. It will form part of our core public sector team within K+C, helping to refine what we are doing already within government, and extending our reach so we can help more public sector organisations build a better world for everyone.
This senior role comprises a mix of leadership across varied and sometimes complex agile projects and programmes. and helping to build public sector business and capability within K+C. Our Technical Leads work with our expert in-house teams of developers, designers and testing engineers to deliver innovative, high-quality software. Our government client list includes Test and Trace, the Home Office, Trade Remedies Authority, DLUHC, MoJ, National Crime Agency, GDS and the Planning Inspectorate, and is growing rapidly.
As a Program Technical Lead, you will be the leading authority on designing, building and operating software within the public sector environment. Using a Cloud Native application development approach you will guide teams and clients on the best practices of delivery and identify the best approaches to meet the needs of the project.
Working with technical leaders across Kin and Carta to facilitate smooth delivery of public sector projects, including but not limited to; architecture reviews, development support, client stakeholder management, incident resolution, operational hand over.
You will be an expert communicator. You will have the ability to communicate complex concepts with both technical and non-technical stakeholders from hands-on, right up to C-level. You’ll have excellent influencing skills - able to drive organisational change to increase speed and quality in the service of better outcomes for the business and its customers. Additionally, working with K+C sales teams, you’ll be able to win the exciting, impactful projects that you’ll then go on to lead.
Although as an Engineering community we are experts in many domains and verticals, we also recognise the need to specialise some of our engineering talent to allow us to build the skills needed to deliver in these specific environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll join our growing team of software engineers who all share your passion for building great products for the public sector
- You’ll benefit from knowledge sharing sessions across the business, such as the Web and Back-End team’s weekly meeting
- You’ll build market-leading products, across a number of different public sector departments
- You will take part in new business & pitching by working with our demand team to advise on technical design and approach for new business opportunities
- You will help your teams by providing client & customer context for decisions, offering management and mentoring support where required.
- You’ll contribute to our continued growth by helping identify and interview great new teammates
The type of person we would love to meet:
- You are a highly skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft
- You have Experience delivering complex software applications within the public sector, ideally in multiple government organisations, traversing the regulation required to get a solution into production
- You are an expert in at least one programming language used for cloud native application development
- Experienced with designing, building and delivering enterprise scale applications
- Confident working with cross-functional, agile and continuous delivery environments
- Experienced using Devops best practices to deliver cloud native applications
- An excellent communicator, able to work effectively in a collaborative team
- Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- Able to tackle challenging technical and non-technical problems independently and autonomously
- An expert and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success