The Oatly Way
Oatly is a company built on the idea of change. Our mission is to help people upgrade their everyday lives and the health of the planet by making tasteful oat-based food products accessible to a wider audience in a world-class manner. It's why we come to work every day. With head office in Malmö and production in Sweden, Netherlands, China, Singapore and the US, our products are available in almost 30 countries across Europe, North America and Asia.
Dear potential new colleague,
We don’t have the answers to everything. Why is the sky blue? Anyone’s guess (although the scientists of the world probably have something to say here). But one question we think we do have the answer to – how do we fix a broken planetary food system? We have two answers to that. One is ‘OATS!’ and the other is ‘YOU!’
You?? Yes! You. We are establishing a Supply Chain department in the South of Europe, and it needs your superpower. The sustainability revolution isn’t going to happen by itself, we need all the help we can get. So if making the world a more sustainable place and trying to avert climate catastrophe is the kind of thing that gets you up in the morning, then read on!
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the operations in the markets of France, Spain, Portugal & Italy, supporting the commercial objectives. This will include Demand Planning as part of Oatly’s Integrated Business Process (IBP), Logistics at 3PLs & distribution partners and stock & order management in collaboration with the central EMEA Supply Chain team.
Due to the fast-paced growth of the business, a lot of the role will be identifying gaps in the current supply chain flows and implementing robust tools and processes to futureproof the local operations.
As our new Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the demand planning for each market and work closely with the Group Demand Manager in implementing best practices and act as the link between the local Commercial team and the central Supply chain organization, supporting end-to-end understanding and alignment of business objectives, requirements, and pre-requisites. Also, be a key player together with the central Supply Chain in the relationship management of our local Logistics partners.
More fun things you will do:
- Drive & support Logistics improvements in service, cost and sustainability at 3PLs and distribution to customer
- Pro-actively manage stock levels and any service risk or obsoletes
- Work closely with the central team in Sweden on production volumes, aligning on product priorities & safety stock requirements
- Liaise with the central team transport planner on inbound trucks, priority SKUs and delivery on-time performance
- Provide local commercial team with short-term supply overview & recommendations on order capping/allocations required
- Give input to the central Customer Service team on stock allocations & aligning on shortage communications
- Safeguarding the right service and customer satisfaction in the local market together with the central Fulfillment team
- Be the main point of contact for retailers’ supply team, to communicate shortages, raise any issues on in-store availability & order alignment where possible for new listings/promotions/distribution changes
The position can be based in Paris or in Barcelona, it´s where you prefer.
That’s the job on paper, laid out in black and white, neat and tidy, you get the picture. But the one thing we can guarantee is that change is inevitable at Oatly – that’s what happens when you’re growing like crazy – so a willingness to roll your sleeves up and try out new things is going to help!
Are you the Oatsome person we are looking for?
We think your oatsomeness is built upon the following qualities, but also a tolerance for oat-based puns because those are not going away anytime soon.
- You have the personality to succeed in this role – collaborative, energetic, flexible, humble, dedicated, analytical, reliable, positive and trustworthy
- You speak French and Spanish fluently
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in
- You thrive in a job that doesn't include a traditional workplace structure
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results, put in place robust processes and build an outstanding company
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You have a commercial interest and ability to create strong relationships between functions and a solid experience in areas of Demand Management, IBP/S&OP and Logistics
- You have a background/strong interest in the supply chain but also have a good understanding of the FMCG world
- To generally be an awesome person to hang out with!
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. Even if your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, let’s do this together! It will be fun!
Apply no later than the 30th of March.
We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there. This will ensure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone!