The Wave is a slice of the ocean inland, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of surfing. We are all about getting back to nature, improving health and well-being, connecting with other people, enjoying great food and drink, and having a load of fun in the process.
Why join The Wave?
Our values as a business are the same as those we have as people. And they’re very simple. We know that when people are happy in themselves, connected to a community and caring for their environment... they tend to do the right thing, naturally. That’s the basis of how we work.
- Our ethos encourages a diverse and equitable workplace.
- We offer up to 50% off surf bookings and sometimes you can surf for free.
- We are committed to creating a safe, professional and fun environment.
- We strive for positive impact, better in our performance and better for people and our planet.
- We are adventurous, we are bold in our learning, adapt to change positively, face challenges together and explore new opportunities.
- We respect and care for each other and ourselves, supporting each other because people matter.
- The chance to work with an awesome team within a growing company
About the team …
The Customer Experience team operate in a supportive, friendly environment. They are very knowledgeable about The Wave with long tenure. The successful Assistant Customer Service Manager will buy into this culture and bring their own expertise and energy.
About you …
As our Assistant Customer Service Manager, you will be part of the leadership team. You will lead, inspire and help support your team to consistently deliver exceptional service, meet operating standards, and achieve financial targets. This is a hands on role and the majority of your working day will be spent out on site interacting with our customers and the other operational teams.
About the role …
Your input will continue to shape the experience our customers have from the moment they arrive until they leave. You will have the opportunity to influence all customer touch points ensuring that all customer interactions are seamless, welcoming and informative.
Your role will be a mix of duties and no two days are the same:
Duties include but not only:
- Lead on the implementation of our booking processes and systems at the Info Desk.
- Work with systems team to ensure a smooth and seamless check-in and wavier process.
- Carry out duty management shifts (includes early mornings, late nights and weekends).
- Deal with complaints and customer issues, de-escalating situations to ensure guests leaving the site have received outstanding service.
- Maintain a stable team through effective management and ongoing team member training and development, whilst creating an environment that rewards, recognises and encourages success at every level.
- Complete weekly customer experience reports, attending & contributing to departmental & company meetings, team qualitative and quantitative targets and KPI’s.
How you will make an impact …
- You will have an advanced knowledge of customer service software such as ZenDesk or similar.
- You will have experience of the day-to-day management of a site.
- You will be proficient in creating team rotas, managing timesheet administration, conducting team 1-2-1 and reviews.
Your background …
- You will ideally have worked at a fast-paced hospitality environment such as a visitor attraction, leisure centre, holiday park or hotel.
- You have strong experience of managing a customer service software such as ZenDesk or similar.
Our ideal Assistant Customer Service Manager will be customer experience focused, with great communication and people skills. You’ll be able to multitask across your various tasks with a ‘sleeves rolled up’ approach. The ability to delegate, lead and motivate your team is also essential.
You’ll be trained to carry out duty management shifts. Due to our seasonality, this will include weekend work and will come with a variety of early & late shifts (earliest start 5:30am, latest finish 11pm).
In return you’ll receive:
- Paid breaks
- 30 days of paid holiday (Pro-rated, inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs
- Staff Discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Free hot and cold drinks on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- The chance to work with a great team within a growing company
Does this sound like it was written for you?
Excellent, please apply and let’s explore this together.