We are looking for a Business Manager to work directly with CEO Carolyn Dawson as a trusted right hand. This role will work across Founders Forum Group - both the sub-businesses and Founders Forum Events propositions. At the heart of the tech ecosystem, you will interact with a large number of stakeholders on a wide range of daily tasks and manage projects that might range from a few days to a few months.
About Founders Forum
Founders Forum Group is a global community and group of businesses supporting innovative entrepreneurs at every stage of their journeys.
Our invite-only forums unite founders, investors, corporate and government leaders to tackle era-defining questions in iconic locations across the globe.
Since 2019, Founders Forum Group has partnered with Informa Tech to celebrate the strength and diversity of UK tech through London Tech Week. The joint venture allows London Tech Week to enrich its impact and expand its reach with sector-specific and diversity-driven events including ClimateTech, Elevating Founders, EQL Her, Founders of the Future, and HealthTech.
Fuelled by the connections and ideas forged at its flagship events, Founders Forum businesses support the needs of today’s founders via networking (Grip), education (01 Founders), professional services (Founders Keepers, Founders Law, and Founders Makers), investment (Founders Factory and firstminute capital) and philanthropy (Centre for Entrepreneurs and Founders Pledge). In 2021, the group sold its innovation strategy consulting firm, Founders Intelligence, to global consultancy, Accenture.
Strategic & Operational Support
- Provide strategic support to the CEO - sit in on meetings; manage follow ups; field and filter internal and external requests; set priorities; act as a sounding board and sparring partner; escalate business critical issues. This will include drafting emails and follow ups for the CEO.
- Maximise the CEO’s time and opportunities for the group by helping to connect the dots internally and externally – from government leaders and corporate sponsors to high growth tech founders across Europe.
- Manage, grow and leverage the CEO CRM to serve the wider FF Group and its portfolio companies with business development and fundraising efforts.
- Streamline operational processes working with the central operations team.
- Recruit and onboard new team members.
- Fill in gaps and firefight - you need to be happy to help wherever needed and stretch from high level strategy down to getting the granular day-to-day reactive work done.
- Initiate, lead or support special projects. Level of involvement will vary project to project from advising to end-to-end execution.
- Lead internal and external communication for the CEO which will include producing social media content and pitching, editing and writing for leading media outlets.
- Support on interview preparation and briefings prior to media interviews and/or press events.
- Review public speaking requests and prepare talking points for those committed to.
- Help curate guest lists and deliver events in the UK, Europe, US, and Asia managing sponsor relationships where necessary
- Attend events on behalf of the CEO when necessary
- Organise meetings, introductions and follow ups, for partners, government and delegations, curating connections, setting agendas and actioning follow ups, and ensuring the CEO maximises her time
This is a role for you if…
- You’re a fast and infinite learner who feels comfortable wearing many hats
- You’re an organised, self-motivator who cares about the detail, and is, above all, reliable
- You’re curious and intuitive – a creative thinker, yet also analytical and logical
- You’re a confident writer and pride yourself on concise, thoughtful, and creative communication, distilling complex topics into succinct, impactful messaging
- You know when to be a fly on the wall, and when to offer your two cents
- You have the presence to interact with all levels: from corporate CEOs and established founders/investors to early-stage entrepreneurs and junior employees
- You’re loyal and selfless - confident enough to be candid when needed, but humble enough to work behind the scenes and empower others
- 2+ years experience - we are interested in a variety of backgrounds for this role. Experience in events, communications, startups, operations is desirable.
- Able to work independently and proactively
- Right to work in the UK
- Salary of £40K, plus annual bonus
- 26 days annual leave, additional leave between Christmas and New Years Day, and option to work remotely anywhere in the world for 3 weeks/year
- Join an ambitious and passionate team with quarterly team activities, lunches 1x/week, office drinks, snacks and team trips
- Access to the Founders Family network of businesses and wider tech ecosystem
- Mental health, wellbeing, and learning and development stipends
- Private healthcare package
Founders Forum Group’s Values
More than just fellow founders. Everything we offer is centred around the founders we work alongside. A goldmine of information, support and opportunity for our community. Our experience and connections allow us to offer unparalleled guidance, advice and events. We are committed to being there for the highs, the lows and everything in between. A trusted ally, driving positive action by championing the people behind great ideas and building real relationships.
Entrepreneurial to our core
Preserving our startup mentality is the key to being able to empathise with and fully support our growing community. Just like the founders we work with, entrepreneurship runs through our veins. We drive change and unearth new ways of thinking by reframing the way we approach an idea. We look at the possibilities of business through a new lens. Seeking out potential in every aspect of life, passionately pursuing new ideas.
Founding the future
We are forward thinkers. Always at the forefront of innovation. Our foot is firmly planted on the accelerator as we gain understanding of what tech is coming and new trends that will shape our lives. We have a hunger for knowledge and find joy in discovery, paving the way for a new way of thinking. This is the room of people you want and need to be in, to drive yourself and your business forward.
Excellence without ego
We don't take ourselves too seriously, but are proud of what we do. We work together, recognising the expertise of those around us, and understand the value in differing points of view. We are committed to excellence and always hold ourselves to the highest standard.