Solution Strategy Writer
Location: United States
We’re MindGym. We’re behavior change specialists that equip ambitious companies to be ready for tomorrow. For over twenty years, we’ve worked with companies like Coca-Cola, Unilever, Microsoft, Vodafone, and Southwest to transform their organizations. In fact, we've partnered with over half the FTSE100 and S&P 100.
Our outstanding behavioral science approach sets people up to make better choices and equips companies to improve their human advantage. Over 3 million professionals have taken part in a live MindGym experience, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for people that can change people. If you’re determined to use smart ideas to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
The broader team
The Solutions Strategy Team sits at the heart of Mind Gym, and acts as the bridge between the Client Team (sales) and the Solutions Team (the psychologists who create our products). Our role is varied; we spend time with clients, using our research skills to learn what’s really going on in their business, to help them frame challenges in a way that is solvable through people. We use our passion and knowledge of psychology to craft and propose exciting solutions that will make a real difference. No two weeks are the same, no clients are off limits, and no ideas are too creative. You’ll get to bring to life a huge range of topics, from Diversity and Inclusion to Change Leadership, from Innovation to Customer Service, from Management Development to Onboarding. Whatever the topic, you’ll be empowered to put your creative stamp on everything you do.
The Solution Strategy Writer is responsible for partnering with other Solution Strategy team members and Sales Team members to prepare compelling and persuasive proposals that effectively convey MindGym’s strengths and qualifications to potential clients. This includes content curation from existing resources, insight research gathering, proposal slide creation (including graphics and layout), and content writing and editing. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and editing skills, experience in proposal development, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
As part of this role, the SST Writer will:
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, and Solution Strategy teams to translate client needs and define proposal response strategy.
- Curate/assemble existing content from across MindGym, including other team members and Sales Content Team.
- Writes, refines, and edits proposals, presentations, and standardized content for client-facing deliverables. This includes synthesizing complex information into clear, concise, and persuasive messages, written in one voice.
- Develop proposal graphics and other visual aids that effectively communicate key messages.
- Review and analyze proposals to identify areas for improvement and incorporate feedback into future proposals.
- Coordinate with our Sales Content Team to share “best of” content to add to broader sales collateral (proposal templates, content libraries, and other proposal development resources).
- You are endlessly curious and extremely resourceful – You believe answers are just lying in wait and problems are asking to be solved. You love the challenge of needing to “get smart quick” by tapping into people and resources around you.
- You adore crafting a great story and you speak human – You see how facts and figures can come together to be compelling and persuasive. You strongly dislike the word “utilize” and love it when you get to write in a more conversational style.
- You think two minds are better than one – while you take pride and ownership of your work, you love collaborating and value inclusiveness.
- You are “all over it” – You self-start. Even if you can’t do something right away, you’ll email the person to let them know you’ll be on it very soon. You’re not deterred by multiple projects and know how to keep the balls in the air (and when to ask for an extra set of hands).
- You’re fascinated by human behavior – You’re drawn to psychology. You enjoy looking under the hood and understanding what compels people to behave the way they do and are curious about what drives human performance at work.
- You have an eye for design – You love a polished look and feel. A messy PowerPoint offends you.
- 2+ years of previous relevant experience
- Experience working closely with a sales team, as well as proposal and pitch development
- Knowledge of the proposal/RFP development lifecycle
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient at PowerPoint, with experience in creating sales pitch decks
Working at MindGym
We want to people do their best work every day and that’s why we ensure everyone at MindGym works in an environment that challenges them to be their best, while maintaining a strong sense of wellbeing.
MindGym is committed to diversity and inclusion. We offer equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religious beliefs, marital, or parental status.
We support flexible working arrangements for all roles unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognized, valued, and respected.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000 (Based on Experience and Location)