Vinehealth is transforming the quality of life and survival of cancer patients through highly personalised patient support based on behavioural science and artificial intelligence. In 2020 we released our App (Android/iOS) and now we’re helping clinicians integrate their patient’s remotely reported data into their clinical pathways through our web interface (VinehealthPRO).
Vinehealth is seeking a very experienced UK Commercial Director (pharma focus) to join the team.
At Vinehealth, we believe that people with cancer should feel in control of their care. Our mobile platform uses cutting edge technology to help people living with cancer to collect, track and visualise data about their care, supporting them to feel in control and better self-manage, as well as to communicate crucial information back to their care team. Through this, the platform generates rich real-world data to represent the voice of patients in healthcare delivery and drug development.
Having launched in 2018, we recently secured a record-breaking investment round to grow our company and our product. We have been named Deloitte’s ‘Most Innovative Health Tech Start-Up’ of 2019 and have an incredibly exciting journey ahead of us with plenty of opportunities for personal development and working with a world-class team of doctors, developers, designers and more. We highly prize our open and friendly company culture with a talented, ambitious and committed team that supports each other in striving for excellence.
Get in touch if you want to play a key role in a high-impact, fast-growing startup and if you’re passionate about making a big impact.
Note: This is a hybrid role where you will work in our London offices 1-2 days per week and can work from home the remainder of the week. However given the nature of this role being a sales role, you should expect to be attending events and/or meeting clients on non-office days.
As a Commercial Director you’ll be part of the company’s senior leadership team, you will work closely with our US Commercial Director, our CEO and wider team to develop Vinehealth’s commercial strategy, drive a healthy sales pipeline and ensure successful delivery of our software to life science clients.
You will be responsible for identifying and driving opportunities to gain new business, develop relationships with key senior stakeholders, and provide insight across the industry into the challenges faced by our life science partners. We see this as a central leadership role within the company and are looking for an experienced candidate who is well-versed in forming and implementing commercial and sales strategy. As a senior leader within an agile high-growth company, you will have the freedom to work autonomously to drive real change as well as to create true patient impact.
Your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Generating leads and sales in the field of life sciences through growing and maintaining a healthy customer pipeline with life sciences and NHS trusts
- Producing client proposals and budgets
- Feeding learnings back into the wider product team
- Spotting opportunities for larger strategic partnerships as we grow
- Setting and implementing our Commercial Strategy
- Growing and managing a department including Customer Success, Marketing, Biz Dev, Clinical Affairs, Partnerships Managers
As a critical member of a high-growth, purpose-driven tech company, you will be expected to work autonomously, operate professionally, execute consistently, and demonstrate expertise in your responsibilities.
Skills & attributes:
- An experienced and driven individual, passionate about sales and digital health technologies
- Highly organised and committed to generating impactful customer relationships
- Come with an existing network of contacts, ideas or opportunities that generate new conversations and add to the Vinehealth life science and NHS trust pipelines in oncology
- Able to work autonomously to drive commercial growth on behalf of the organisation
- Collaborative in approach, with the ability to quickly develop strong relationships with external stakeholders at all levels
- A deep understanding of how life sciences companies and NHS trusts contract with vendors and how to structure winning proposals and pricing strategies
- Ability to work under pressure, to deliver against targets to increase the customer footprint
- Very comfortable with digital technology and working remotely
- You have held leadership roles and thrive on driving company-wide improvement and building and leading high-performing teams
- A proactive and positive influence on those around you and a passion for making impact in healthcare
- Experience or understanding of working in a start-up environment, with an ability to deliver against tight deadlines and with uncertainty
- You are a team player with proactive and positive influence on your colleagues and a passion for making an impact in healthcare
- You have 10+ years of experience in a sales position related to a digital product in life sciences space
- You have been instrumental in driving revenues for a business of this nature
- Experience in setting and executing commercial strategy
- Experience managing and growing a commercial function
- Extensive experience in the use of RWE and patient-reported data to support regulatory, reimbursement, and uptake measures for medicines, as well as patient support programmes
- Highly competitive salary as well as other incentives where appropriate
- Participation in an attractive EMI share option scheme
- High spec Macbook Pro
- Generous training and wellbeing budgets:
- £600 per year on training and education
- £480 per year well-being budget to spend on improving mental and physical well-being
- £400 per year; happiness & life admin budget to spend on anything that makes you happy or makes life easier for you, such as engaging in hobbies or having a cleaner.
- Free breakfast, tea and coffee when we meet in the UK office
- Beautiful office space in the heart of London surrounded by lovely restaurants, bars, gyms and public transport
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- NEST pension with matched contributions up to 6% (qualified earnings pension)
- Health insurance with Vitality
- An extra half day off during birthday week
- Cycle2Work Scheme