Senior UX Designer
BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. We distribute our ratings via our SaaS Product, BeZero Carbon Markets, informing all market participants on how to price and manage risk. Our ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 120+ strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from four continents.
Having raised a significant Series B funding round in late 2022, we are rapidly growing as a company, accelerating the Net-Zero transition through ratings.
The Senior UX Designer will be part of our nascent Product team. This design role will be focused on shaping the future of our ratings platform, BeZero Carbon Markets.
The team is an autonomous and empowered one. The Senior UX Designer can find practical, iterative, elegant solutions to design challenges; suggest design trade-offs when the time to market is paramount; and work with/communicate these to the product managers and engineers.
- Building a comprehensive understanding of our customer
- Running discovery and leading user research
- Making strategic design decisions for the product
- Sketching and concepting
- Workshopping solutions with the team
- Prototyping and validating solutions
- Representing the voice of the customer
- Crafting production-ready designs
- Managing the assets, libraries and story-books
Required skills and experience:
- Good communication skills - the team are constantly communicating in very technical language to each other one minute and in layman’s terms to non-technical people the next.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team - The team are constantly looking for that perfect balance between implementing the perfect solution and a practical solution.
- Demonstrable UX/UI/IA skills - this is a cross-functional design role which will favour those who have a breadth of skills.
- Experience carrying out user research - we’re constantly planning, conducting, analysing and collaborating findings in order to feed back into the design process.
- Preferred: Experience working with graphing/charting and data-intensive interfaces (such as digital financial technology products)
What we’ll offer:
Competitive salary and equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options.
Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the worlds of science, economics, business, finance and more.
25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday).
Benefits package covering private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan and cycle to work scheme (or a comparable package if you’re based overseas).
Health and wellness cash allowance.
Enhanced parental leave.
Regular social events.
Nomad working over the summer, allowing you to work from another country.
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We are therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.