We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Operations Data Team:
As we continue to scale, we’re looking for a Senior Product Data Science Manager to lead one of our biggest product areas.
As a Senior Data science manager, you’ll be working in an ever changing environment work in collaboration with the General Manager and look after the product data strategy and lead a large size data team
You’ll help us build and improve these for now and for our future roadmap. We’re looking for a leader with hands-on experience, data driven strategic leader who can bring fresh thinking and new ways to inspire the team and our customers
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll work closely with the General manager, product director, engineering managers, designers and researchers in an agile product environment. You’ll champion the use of data, bring ideas to life through rigorous experimentation and A/B testing. You’ll help us get the most out of volumes of cloud native data platform, spotting opportunities to make each area of our product work even better for our users. You’ll help your team grow, hiring new team members, supporting their personal development. Your team will drive product innovation and you’ll get to see the impact of all your work in the product changes we make.
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
- Be a key leader in building a discipline of exceptional data scientists working on making Monzo world class at tackling product problems
- Be a strong strategic partner to lead a 0 to 1 area
- Help hire, develop and retain talented Data people
- Generate insights that can change the direction of product development
- Bring data leadership and rigour to our approach to product development in the product and build a strategic understanding of the business while structuring complex projects to bring them to life
- Liaise with engineering managers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
You should apply if:
What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You must have at least 4 years of experience as a Data Science Manager- at least 2 of them manage a data team larger than 4 people
- Experience in Product data science
- You are a strong strategic data leader and love to drive decisions
- Experience with working with c-level peers
- You know what it takes to manage top tier Data Science talent
- You’re excited by the opportunity to work autonomously to impact the future of a fast growing, ever evolving business
- You're familiar with using a variety of Data Science tools (from business intelligence, experimentation and causal inference through to machine learning), and coding languages (Python and SQL). You know when to pick the right tool, and can help others do the same
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
- 30 minute recruiter call
- 45 minute call with hiring manager
- 3 x 1-hour video calls with various team members
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you
do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Reportand 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.