We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Data Discipline:
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data practitioner is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into a product squad alongside Engineers, Designers, Marketers, Product Managers, Finance Analysts etc.
What you’ll be working on:
Our data team in operations supports the areas that Monzo is probably most known for: providing a delightful customer experience. You’ll be in charge of leading the team responsible for optimising operations - from ensuring we can accurately forecast and schedule our customer support agents, to supporting a culture of experiment led outcomes among our product squads. You’ll lead a full stack data team including Analytics Engineers, Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, working alongside your partners in Product, Engineering and Operations to produce market leading customer service cost effectively.
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner to the operations leadership team with a reputation for getting things done
- Work closely with operations leadership to define data’s priorities and support our operations strategy
- Help develop and retain a data team of 20 top tier data analysts, data scientists, data managers and machine learning engineers
- Promote a culture of proactive, high quality data insights that can impact the direction of Monzo
You should apply if:
What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You’ve gathered significant experience in customer operations
- You have multiple years of experience in a hands on data role and have now been leading data science teams in operations / large scale support functions
- You consider yourself an empathetic leader and have experience managing multiple data individual contributors and data managers and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as well as taking a step back and thinking strategically and proactively identifying opportunities
- You have experience working together and collaborating with senior business stakeholders and operations teams
- You have experience leading a full stack data team, including Analysts, Data Scientists, Analytics Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers
- You have experience managing data managers
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions!
- 30 minute recruiter call
- 45 minute call with the VP of Data
- 3 x 1-hour video calls with various team members, including the general manager for Operations
- A meet and greet with a Monzo ExCo member
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕And much more, see our full list of benefitshere
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.