Supermassive Games have produced some of the most recognisable and compelling storytelling titles in the world of AAA games. The BAFTA-winning Until Dawn, the cinematic masterclass of The Dark Pictures Anthology, the multi-award winning The Quarry, the action-packed rollercoaster horror VR titles Switchback VR and Rush of Blood to the world of Little Nightmares, and many more!
Time and time again, our incredibly talented and passionate team have delivered games that strike fear into all that dare to play. And we have no plans to stop there! Alongside growing the Dark Pictures universe in new and exciting ways, we have several unannounced, and suitably thrilling, projects!
And so, as we move into new genres and grow our studio, our hunt for talent continues!
Join the Supermassive Games team and create your own story.
We are looking for a Technical Animator to join us here at Supermassive Games.
In this role you’ll be:
You will develop, iterate and implement new game features in Unreal, whilst maintaining and updating existing features. Working as a key point of contact between design, engineering, animation and the wider team.
This role will be based in one of our three central Guildford offices - each a short distance from the main train station. We’re passionate about the collaborative environment here at Supermassive Games where we work to a hybrid model in many of our roles. We are truly a diverse and international business of more than 40 different nationalities from around the globe, providing sponsorship and relocation assistance to those that require it (speak to one of our recruiters for more info).
The main responsibilities will be:
- Create and maintain animation blueprints so animations look good, blend well and play nicely in game.
- Breakdown designs into a plan of action and communicate this to design, animation and engineering.
- Oversee the development of games systems which support animation and make sure they are working and implemented correctly.
- A focus on delivering a great game experience.
- Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback.
Experience and skills that would best suit this position:
- A showreel illustrating your skills and passion.
- Scripting experience.
- Animation state machine experience.
- Unreal, Maya and MotionBuilder experience.
- Familiarity with motion matching systems.
- Passionate about gameplay experiences.
- Experience working with motion capture.
- The initiative to tackle challenges as part of a team.
The Perks of being a Supermassive Superstar are:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (3 of which are used when we close the studio for our end of year break)
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Life Assurance (6 x annual salary)
- Quarterly Profit related Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- Enhanced Family Leave (maternity and paternity pay)
- Generous staff referral scheme
- Discount Card for food and drink at our local pub