Location: Remote (with monthly on-site visits in London and/or Swindon)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per year DOE
About Oxwash - come and join the washing revolution!
💧Our mission at Oxwash is to permanently eliminate the impact of washing on our environment, our clothes and us. We are driving towards net-zero carbon emissions and revolutionising the laundry industry from our locations in Swindon, Oxford, Cambridge and London (Battersea).
We are a green tech start up and have raised over £15 million to date. Our Series A funding round, led by UNTITLED VC partners Magnus Rausing (Tetra Pak) and Bertie C. (ZuluForest), closed in August 2022. We are also backed by other notable investors including Reckitt, the corporate organisation that owns the stain remover Vanish and disinfectant brand Dettol. We’ve set our sights on growing our sustainable laundry platform for UK customers and expanding overseas in the US in the years ahead.
Data powers both our customer-facing web app helping customers arrange the collection, delivery, and payment for their laundry; and internally-used tooling to help our operatives (laundry and delivery staff) manage their workload. Behind the scenes, our data is also responsible for driving growth marketing, operational efficiency and strategic decision making.
At Oxwash, we believe in fostering an environment that is friendly, open, and fun. We value candid feedback and the exchange of innovative ideas. We are looking for a driven Senior Data Analyst who aligns with our culture and is ready to make an impact in our dynamic team.
If you like the look of this role and identify with our mission then apply to work with us. You could be a part of the only laundry and wet-cleaning company in the world that is a Certified B Corporation®!
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be integral to our data-driven culture, working across multiple departments including Sales, Operations, Finance, Sustainability and Software Engineering. You have a very strong general business acumen and will have a profound understanding of our business, its fundamentals, and KPIs. Your role will involve not only analysing and modelling data, but also clearly explaining the insights and actions that can be driven as a result of certain findings. You will actively communicate with all business stakeholders to understand the most pressing business issues and figuring out how data can support decision-making.
Your primary role will be transforming raw data into actionable insights to drive strategic decisions and enable success for our teams. An important part of your role will also be to design and create dashboards using Data Looker Studio and/or similar tools.
Furthermore, you will be tasked with training stakeholders on new dashboards, ensuring they understand their utility, and promoting data literacy across the organisation. Your work will directly influence the strategic decisions made in the company, thereby playing a critical role in the company's success.
- Interact with different stakeholders within the company to understand their needs for data insights and the goals they want to achieve with them.
- Transform raw data into a user-friendly form using SQL to then create looker studio dashboards for extracting insights.
- Profoundly understand the business, its fundamentals, and KPIs and help implement tracking for these and data products that fulfil requirements.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and team priorities dynamically with changing business requirements.
- Empower business stakeholders with insights and your take on what the data is telling us.
- Proactively extract additional insights beyond what was requested, where beneficial to the business.
- Deliver on creating insightful dashboards and perform company-wide training for non-technical teams to become more self-serve capable in creating dashboards and SQL queries.
- Advocate for data usage and highlight successful examples within the company.
- VP of Platform: You will report to our VP of Platform. They are accountable for your teams’ output and will support you across the breadth of your responsibilities.
- Senior Data Engineer: You’ll team up with our Senior Data Engineer to work in the implementation of different data products. They are responsible for the entire data infrastructure and architecture and will support you with the technical aspects of the work.
- Commercial team (including the Chief Commercial Officer): They will be one of your primary stakeholders. You will be responsible for fostering a close working relationship with key stakeholders within the commercial team to surface opportunities where data could be leveraged to help either sell more, or reduce churn.
- Operations team: Similar to the commercial team, Operations is another key stakeholder which you will be responsible for building a close working relationship in order to surface opportunities to provide insights on how to optimise our washing process, usage of energy, chemistry, etc.
- Finance Manager: Finally, the Finance Manager at Oxwash has a clear understanding of the different KPIs they need to track to monitor business performance. Your role will include working closely with them to progressively deliver dashboards that surface these KPIs.
Key Qualities and Competencies:
These are some of the key qualities and competencies required in this role (categorised under our 4 performance pillars):
- Advanced SQL skills
- Advanced dashboarding
- Nice to have: Experience using a SQL management tool such as Dataform or DBT
- Nice to have: Experience using git for version control
- Nice to have: Knowledge of Python 3
Technology, automation and innovation:
- Nice to have: Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Nice to have: Experience with Terraform
- Nice to have: Knowledge of access management
Leadership and collaboration:
- Strong business general acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management abilities
- Superior prioritisation capabilities
Sustainability and values:
- Sustainability - You are expected to be a champion for sustainability initiatives and improvements
- Values - You are expected to embody our values of creativity, excellence and integrity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This is a remote position, but the candidate will be required to visit our facilities once a month to meet the rest of the team, as well as quarterly visits for the platform and HQ offsites.
Success in this role will be measured by the delivery of insightful dashboards, the execution of company-wide training for non-technical teams, and advocacy for data usage within the company.
If you are passionate about data, have a knack for translating complex information into actionable insights, and want to join a team where your skills will have a direct impact on the business and the environment, we encourage you to apply!
Oxwash is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
💷 A salary range of £50,000 - £60,000 per year depending on your experience
🧩Generous EMI share options, following successful probationary period
☀️ 30 days’ holiday + the option to buy more and take your birthday off!
🧢 Uniform and equipment provided by Oxwash - you’ll also get an allowance to buy work related equipment.
💧 Employee discount on personal laundry and wet cleaning
🌻 Free, confidential mental health support +1 Mental Health Day off
🏥 A funded health cash plan and enhanced sick pay
💚 Cycle to work scheme
Oxwash cares deeply about leading the way as an employer and providing a more inclusive and diverse workplace for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Oxwash. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status or disability status. Please let us know if you would benefit from any reasonable adjustments in order to participate fully in our recruitment process.