Freddie’s Flowers was founded by Freddie Garland in October 2014 with the aim of changing people’s relationships with flowers in an ethical, and sustainable way. We want to challenge the view that flowers are for others or for special occasions, and so we offer a completely different experience to other flower businesses.
Our direct-to-consumer subscription model has been hugely successful in the UK and internationally, with our customer base almost doubling last year alone. In 2021, we secured significant investment and backing from The Craftory, a purpose-led global investment house, and are about to undertake our largest ever programme of expansion in the UK and internationally.
Our rapid growth means we’re constantly looking for great people to join our fantastic team in the UK and overseas - it is our incredible people who make Freddie’s Flowers what it is.
So come and help us spread the joy of flowers to everyone in a fun, fast-paced and collaborative working environment!
The Contact Manager is responsible for managing all customer contact effectively and efficiently. You will have a natural ambition to push the boundaries of traditional customer service and operate a dynamic contact centre.
You should aim to analyse and improve all channels and have the ability to design and implement new processes. You will be customer focused, and project the customer point of view in every discussion, with a desire to shape and improve the customer service operation. You will work closely with the Head of Customer Services to continuously improve our customer experience through ongoing process improvements, a strong feedback loop and overseeing operational changes.
This role will lead the contact team and have full responsibility for the department KPI’s, which are themed around cost and service. You will be managing the performance of the team and systems through close monitoring and reporting processes.
You will have top-tier communication skills and be able to motivate and engage a contact centre team. The ideal candidate would be efficient, effective and great with people.
- Manage the resolution of all customer contact
- Report on resolution management effectively
- Give constructive feedback through processes to the rest of the company
- Manage all software/licences and contracts relating to the CS team (inc WFM and HelpDesk software)
- Directly manage the Customer Service managers, and support them in successfully managing their teams with high levels of engagement, retention and talent development
- Continuously improve reporting on Customer Service Performance, and implement new ways to display the information for easy digestion
- Continuously improve processes aligned with customer contact
- Manage the planning and forecasting of the team and maintaining the department budget
- Working with departments across the business to reduce CPO, with a focus on where it is driving wastage and expense, for example from delivery issues arising in additional flower wastage and carbon emissions to resolve
- The ability to think conceptually and solve creative problems presented by the wider team
- Proven experience in creative content, with a focus on visual assets
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Excellent organisational skills, strong ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Proactive, flexible and positive approach to work
- Understands the big picture and will always balance the needs of our people with the needs of the business.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to balance multiple workstreams, tasks, and deliverables.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and bring clarity to fast-paced and at times fluid projects.
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems through negotiation, tact and diplomacy.
- An open-minded but critical thinker who is able to see opportunities as well as weigh their potential risks and rewards.
- Highly collaborative and transparent. (Not a sole contributor, but rather someone who will work with the team, where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together.)
- Strong understanding of post production process: photo grading, colour matching, retouching
- Not afraid to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done
Freddie’s Flowers recognises our success is dependent on the success of our people. Freddie’s Flowers is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce where everyone feels safe and valued. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- 3% employers pension contribution
- Life Assurance (4x annual salary)
- Group Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Long service awards and sabbaticals
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- WFH (where applicable)
- Learning and Development Support
- Access to discounted ClassPass!
- Weekly Yoga
- Health and wellbeing sessions with The Mind Clinic
- Team socials and events
- Weekly lunch
- An abundance of organic snacks
- Free Eye Test Vouchers
- Summer Fridays (July and August)
- Flexible working hours
- 50% of Flowers for you
- x2 25% off codes for your Friends & Family