About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a leading renewable energy company committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
Now with over a decade of operation, Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a project delivery role focussed on all aspects of project management relating to onshore wind developments including planning, land, investment and grid connections. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in project management for large utility scale onshore wind projects and the ability to take on responsibility and accountability for your own projects.
The team is based in a brand new Glasgow office but as this role will require regular travel around Scotland, candidates working from bases in areas such as Inverness or Perth could also be considered. You are likely to be in Glasgow on a regular basis so must be willing and able to travel.
You’ll need determination and drive, taking personal responsibility to deliver renewable energy projects. The individual in this role needs to be highly organised and willing to go that extra mile. This role is quite varied, so there will be the opportunity to learn new skills outside of the candidate’s comfort zone.
- Managing third party consultants across a range of disciplines for our wind farm projects.
- Delivery of Environmental impact reports and planning consents relevant to onshore wind developments
- Working with network operators and contractors to progress project connection works.
- Liaising with the legal team to progress contracts, project leases and obtain cable route land rights.
- Working closely with the Investment Team to provide accurate reporting and the transfer of information between key stakeholders
- A friendly, approachable and professional manner
- An excellent communicator who builds trusted relationships with people at all levels
- Energetic, reliable, adaptable and used to using their initiative
- Highly organised, great attention to detail and a focus on getting things done
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills
- Be an enthusiastic and committed team player who will work well with the Team’s key customers and stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a project manager in renewable development
- Experience in delivering aspects of utility scale renewable projects including construction and connection activities
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Hands-on approach and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience with renewable energy generation, infrastructure development or local planning process
- Familiarity with cloud-based project management software
- Full driver’s license
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle scheme
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks