About Low Carbon
Low Carbon is a leading renewable energy company committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
Low Carbon, a certified B Corp, has a proven track record in the development, construction, financing and management of renewable energy assets and remains involved in the projects for the long term with a dedicated asset management team that manages assets on balance sheet and for third parties. With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
Now with over a decade of operation, Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP), targeting 20GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
This position reports to the Chief Finance Officer and will have responsibility for orchestrating the Low Carbon Group’s 24 month rolling plan across the whole group. The role will work closely with other departments in the Low Carbon Group and areas of expertise in the Finance function. Based in our new, modern London office, this role will be part of the Senior Finance Leadership team with the overall goal of creating a world-class finance organisation.
The candidate must have commercial awareness and possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. The candidate must also have experience of working in a business partnering role in a matrix organisation, at a senior level.
- Business Partner for Low Carbon Group, Investments and functions including the Power management middle office
- Orchestrate the 24 month rolling plan, ensuring stakeholders take ownership for the plan
- Budgeting and forecasting, aggregating where needed
- Maintain a live forecast, conduct variance analysis to derive insights to drive additional value and reduce risk
- Facilitate business performance reviews, discussion on key business drivers and value creation opportunities
- Identify commercial areas where financial specialist knowledge is required
- Contribute to risk analysis, review and mitigation
- Proactively conduct analysis to drive additional value and support business case development
- Ensure the team is supported by the Finance centre of expertise and act as the main liaison point with finance expertise
- Part of the business leadership team and the Finance leadership team
- Research market changes, industry trends, and competitor analysis to inform the analysis of internal performance
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix organisation
- Problem solving – able to analyse complex situation and propose value-adding solutions
- Expert in data analysis and data visualisation
- Financial modelling
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Experienced and expert change leader
- Understanding of the regulatory environment of the investment industry
- Problem solver
Skills & Experience
- Finance professional/degree or equivalent
- A depth of relevant and demonstrable experience in Financial, Planning & Analysis including reporting to senior business leaders, acting as part of a financial committee
- Able to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment
- Experience in Energy, not a must, but would be valued
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle scheme
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks