We are delighted to be recruiting an experienced Travel Officer deliver all aspects of travel at Mary’s Meals International (MMI). This is an excellent opportunity to have a positive impact on the success of the Mary’s Meals movement through effective coordination of travel arrangements for MMI and Affiliates in partnership with our approved travel agency. You will provide travel advice and guidance to colleagues across the organisation and help them plan high quality visits to programme affiliates for employees, volunteers, supporters, and other visitors. You will also provide support to the Operations team and Engagement Coordinators as and when required.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the MMI Travel Policy is communicated to, and adhered to, by all travellers.
- Assist the line manager and fellow team members when required and provide support in managing travel arrangements and other supplementary tasks relating to staff inquiries across Mary’s Meals.
- Develop effective working relationships with MMI’s appointed travel provider to ensure that we are providing a high-quality service to all travellers.
- Develop guidance that will support the introduction of a self-service booking process for routine bookings
- Ensure routings and fare types represent best value and are in accordance with Mary’s Meals policies and procedures.
- Organise any essential travel documentation such as visas.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues across the movement to help them plan and coordinate effective itineraries. This will include providing advice on visa applications, routings, travel times etc.
- Support the Travel Manager in developing internal guidance, support, and training materials for travellers, making bookings and providing holiday cover.
- Oversee group travel processes to ensure that each trip is curated to meet the needs of the travellers.
- Effectively liaise with colleagues from across MMI and the rest of the Mary’s Meals family to ensure that all aspects of travel are taken into consideration, such as travel health, safety, security and insurance.
- Provide support to the Head of Growth Operations to cover additional tasks in the Growth Operations team and cover for other team members as and when required. This will include responding to general enquiries via the shared mailbox, Facebook messenger, the ‘Hello’ mailbox and website-generated ‘contact us’ enquiries as and when required.
With proven travel administration or coordination experience, you will bring strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines. Excellent attention to detail and communication skills are also essential for this role. Approachable and enthusiastic, you will have experience of providing high quality customer service and the ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels. You will be required to demonstrate flexibility and be proactive in your approach to achieve success, using your own initiative but with the support of the wider team and organisation. You will have good IT skills including the ability to competently use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint. Ideally, you will have a relevant degree and/or equivalent experience in Travel Management, although this is not essential.
You will demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to the work of Mary’s Meals and its vision, mission and values, through the quality and standard of all work, and you will have the ability to represent and promote Mary’s Meals International.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. Today, we provide life-changing meals to more than 2.4 million children in 18 countries around the world. We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment.
We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work life balance, we also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
Mary’s Meals is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work and we expect all the Mary's Meals family to share this commitment and work in the best interest of the communities we serve. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement.
This is a fantastic role where your daily work has real impact. If you are looking for more from your role and our mission, vision and values resonate with you, then we would love to hear from you. Please click Apply and tell us why you would be a great Travel & Operations Officer for Mary’s Meals International.