Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
Did you want to grow up and work in a boring office? Us neither. At Runway East, we've been on a mission to destroy boring offices since 2014, in whatever size, shape and form they take. Since launching, we now have 8 buildings in London, Bristol and Brighton offering unique flexible office space for teams of 1 - 100 to work in, enjoying everything from dogs on demand to our famed Friday drinks trolley.
Our Runway East team enjoys a bunch of great benefits and unrivalled perks, from private healthcare to team trips abroad. We’ve also recently become a B Corp and think it’s important for our team to give a damn about its impact on the planet and its people.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product members genuinely love. Covid has presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re ready to take full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a great job. We promise.
This job is all about retaining happy customers: it lives and breathes on the ability of seeing what people really need, ensuring that we are delivering it, and negotiating great deals that work for both us and our members. The Account Manager is the engine behind driving retention within our business, keeping our members happy and negotiating renewal agreements across our London sites.
You’ll be building relationships with members and checking in to ensure everyone is happy, and thinking outside the box to see how you keep our members growing and within the Runway East portfolio. Ultimately you’ll make sure they have the best experience we can provide them and grow the revenue we generate at the same time. You’ll be a trusted adviser, an excellent listener and a credible professional.
What You’ll Be Doing
Retaining our key accounts:
- Maintaining strong relationships via regular check ins with key accounts throughout the year, feeding back how they’re experience is in our spaces, ensuring any issues are troubleshooted effectively - you’ll ensure that by the time the renewal of large accounts is due, they’re firmly enjoying their experience
- Working with our Community team who take care of the day-to-day, you’ll be there to ensure key accounts are getting a first class experience
- You’ll negotiate key accounts renewals and ensure an excellent outcome for the company and our members
Retaining member accounts:
- Reaching out to all our members in advance of their renewal date and ensuring that they’ll stay part of the Runway East portfolio via negotiating their renewal agreements and, where necessary, enabling them to scale up or down within our community
- Helping our members make the most of the community - you’ll always know what events are taking place, how our members could benefit most and who to connect them with.
- Using your regular catch ups to feedback ideas to the community team to improve members' experiences, both on an individual and company-wide level
Upselling additional services
- You’ll be working with our key account members to see if you can offer them additional services to improve their office offering to their teams
Who You Are
This role will suit you if you 3-5 years experience in an Account Manager or similar Sales role
A natural people person
You’re charming and passionate, with a heap of emotional intelligence and a love of people. You’re curious, charismatic and you know how to put people at ease. You like getting to the bottom of what people need, you ask questions, and you love making people happy - though know how to negotiate when needed and are well versed in never split the difference and other negotiation techniques.
A diligent business brain
You’ve got an understanding of business development, tracking targets, and responding to conversion rates with determination to always do better. You’re process driven, you’re powered by results and excited about finding new ways to experiment and improve the system. We’re always open to new ideas.
You love making connections and finding ways to bring like-minded people together. You’ll keep a close eye on relations within our growing portfolio of brilliant entrepreneurs, asking questions, getting involved and finding ways of making new introductions and forging new opportunities.
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member. What matters to us is your spirit.
What About the Money?
Base salary £37,000 - £42,000 per annum (£50,000 - £55,000 OTE)
Besides working with the greatest people in the world? Well…
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Wellbeing 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Budapest to name some past trips!)
More about us
Still reading? Great! So, Runway East provides a springboard for entrepreneurs: a working space, a supportive team, years of experience. We help nurture new ideas into new businesses, and we love doing it.
These are our values, if you share them, let’s talk.
Community Obsessed. You understand our members and their needs - delivering world-class service with enthusiasm and charm. You see every challenge as an opportunity to delight our members.
Open. You are open-minded and engaged. You own your mistakes and take steps to actively learn from them. You give and receive feedback with positive intent to develop yourself and the business.
Give a Damn. You are continuously driving yourself to improve. You care about the little things and you take pride in doing them well - you care about the company, our members and your teammates.
Entrepreneurial. You question the status quo and stand up to fix things, taking the initiative to find and deliver solutions. You are resilient and determined and when the going gets tough, you don’t give up.
Fired up by what you’ve read so far? Hit apply, we want to meet you.