*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS campus (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
In the role of Strategic Account Director, you own the strategic relationship with a portfolio of UNiDAYS’ partners - consisting of prestigious consumer brands and retailers, while working in a defined vertical pod alongside a Customer Success Manager.
You will act as a UNiDAYS strategic advisor, managing performance marketing & leveraging our core products/objectives to develop and sell effective Student specific go-to-market strategies for our existing premium/enterprise level partner portfolio. You will create long term strategic roadmaps to continually drive high performance and meet key strategic priorities for our key accounts.
This is a quota holding/sales role and is commissioned against account plan KPIs & pod revenue targets.
Day to day responsibilities
- Lead the account planning cycle, working alongside the CSM, ensuring Partners’ needs and expectations are met alongside UNiDAYS key strategic goals
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key Partner stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all UNiDAYS activities are closely aligned with the Partner's business case and business strategy
- Generate revenue towards a defined quarterly & annual quota for revenue earned from commission & advertising
- Work cohesively with the Customer Success Manager to uncover partner needs and tie those needs to our specific set of products
- Consistently exceed/achieve campaign goals based on building large scale, globally ambitious plans with the appropriate ROI
- Be a product level expert and sounding board for questions around how to position our products appropriately to our existing partners
- Develop and present In-person product pitches
- Spend in excess of 50% of your time with partners (virtually & in person)
- Act as an online advertising expert and evangelist for UNiDAYS promoted products.
- Provide deep knowledge and insight to our internal teams in order to drive creative and long term improvements to our platform offering.
- Have a deep understanding and excitement for how to connect and market to Gen Z/Students.
What we need from you
- Extensive experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
- A deep understanding of the online advertising industry with a focus on the tools and technologies that enable ad serving, insights/surveying, philanthropic marketing, and retail/in-store experience.
- Extensive proven b2b commercial experience in digital, performance or affiliate partnerships with a strong preference for Fashion
- Experience selling to C-levels and VP’s that hold brand and advertising budgets.
- Experience with partner/agency/alliance management, business development and negotiations
- Experience with direct advertiser sales, including negotiations and management of strategic partnerships
- Able to develop comprehensive forward looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organisational capabilities
- Willingness to travel
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within the business with global reach. We are the world’s largest Student Affinity Network, with over 22 million verified members in 115 markets including the US, UK, Germany, India, Canada and Australia. We work with 800 of the world’s biggest brands globally, taking their products and services into the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s professionals, delivering engagement, building affinity and sales. You’ll also be working for a Great Place to Work CertifiedTM company who have been recognised on the UK’s Best WorkplacesTM for Wellbeing and UK's Best Workplaces for Women 2022 list. To find out more about our workplace initiatives, see our UK exclusive case study with Great Place to Work and be sure to visit our profile for more information.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact. We believe that work should enhance and complement your life which is why we leave it up to you to decide where you work. You can choose to work from your assigned campus (either Nottingham or London) or from home, whatever works best for your individual needs. Your manager may request you attend team meet ups at your campus but other than that it is up to you! We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package.
Our perks include:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service, plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- 4pm finishes every Friday
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance (Vitality)
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Core hours with flexibility around how/when you manage your time
- Regular team building activities
- The latest tech and hardware will be supplied from day one
- Good Vibes Program: we know we’ve all had to adapt to new ways of working and UNiDAYS has always taken pride in the community we’ve created in the office but we’re just as committed to creating an innovative approach to fostering connections and improving engagement outside of the office! We want to boost your remote working experience so think virtual parties, pottery classes, wellness classes and guest speakers just to name a few!
- Support for home working for all new team members. We will help assess your home set up and you can expense £150 towards any additional furniture you may need to be safe and comfortable when working from home
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.