Vinehealth is transforming the quality of life and survival of cancer patients through highly personalised patient support based on behavioural science and artificial intelligence. In 2020 we released our App (Android/iOS) and now we’re helping clinicians integrate their patient’s remotely reported data into their clinical pathways through our web interface (VinehealthPRO). We are a rapidly scaling business expanding into the US and other geographies having raised £5.2m of funding to-date.
We’re looking for an experienced (3yrs+) product designer to lead the UX/UI design of our mobile application for patients and our web application for clinical teams; from user research through to full prototyping.
You will be a key member of the product team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end design of our patient-facing mobile application and our client-facing web platform; from user research through to full prototyping and testing. You’ll be proactively working hand in hand with engineering, product and user research to define the problems and best approaches to them to ensure optimal design, development and testing to drive high user engagement on our products. Energy and enthusiasm are key traits we are looking for in this role.
We're a young scaling company, so you'll need to get your hands dirty and no two weeks will be the same. The ability to cope with uncertainty and rapid change is crucial while being relentlessly resourceful.
We're looking for someone to be a real part of the team. You spend a lot of time with the people you work with, so we want it to be fun and rewarding rather than feel like a chore. That means having a passion for what we're doing, wanting to make a real difference to people's lives, having interests outside of work, sharing knowledge with your colleagues, and adding to our company culture.
At Vinehealth, we believe that people with cancer should feel in control of their care. Our mobile platform uses cutting edge technology to help people living with cancer to collect, track and visualise data about their care, supporting them to feel in control and better self-manage, as well as to communicate crucial information back to their care team. Through this, the platform generates rich real-world data to represent the voice of patients in healthcare delivery and drug development.
Get in touch if you want to play a key role in a high-impact, fast-growing startup and if you’re passionate about making a big impact.
Note: This is a hybrid role where you will work in our London offices 1-2 days per week and can work from home the remainder of the week.
As a Product Designer you’ll be working alongside our Product, Engineering and User Research teams to transform the lives of millions of people going through cancer. Your role will include defining the user experience and user interface through sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design, partnering closely with product team and engineers to iterate on your vision and make it a reality, such as (but not limited to):
- design digital products and features that are world-class
- develop a deep understanding of the needs of our users
- create click-dummy prototypes to evaluate ideas
- conduct and be involved in concept and usability testing with user research
- communicate and collaborate with product managers and engineers
- taking the lead on building a Design System and design process
- stay aware of competitor product and industry trends
- make proactive contributions to product ideas and ways of working
As an early member of a high-growth, purpose-driven tech company, you will be expected to work autonomously, operate professionally, execute consistently, and demonstrate expertise in your responsibilities.
Skills & attributes:
- You have a deep understanding of UX/UI principles and methodologies and can communicate clearly the decision making processes you use to the wider business
- You are familiar with interaction design and information architecture
- You are proficient in design software (we use Figma)
- You take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You pride yourself on your collaboration with others. You are exceptional at outbound communication (both sync and async) and clarifying your design decisions with every touch point. You crave feedback, and understand how to apply it in your work.
- You have experience contributing to a design system, and have been an active participant in its evolution.
- You are ambitious and entrepreneurial, driven to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment, and can organise and prioritise your work independently
- You are passionately committed to going above and beyond for our customers/users, pulling in whatever resources you need to deliver the best experience for them to engender their loyalty and retention
- You excel at building close relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority quickly, and developing deep levels of trust that enable you to persuade and influence internal and external decision-making
- You can manage multiple workstreams in parallel without sacrificing the quality of experience for our customers/users
- You can work under pressure to deliver against goals and timelines
- You are a team player with proactive and positive influence on your colleagues and a passion for making an impact in healthcare
- 3+ years experience working on real digital products.
- Curious and motivated to dive deep into complex design problems to understand user needs, the technical limitations, the business requirements and then get to a solution and iterate on it.
- Proven excellence in interaction design, visual design and user research techniques.
- Experience designing for mobile and web platforms.
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of delivering new products and features at startup pace
- Extensive experience in working with Figma
Nice -to-have experience:
- experience designing digital products in the health industry
- Jira & Miro experience
- Highly competitive salary as well as other incentives where appropriate
- Free breakfast, tea and coffee when we meet in the UK office
- Beautiful office space in the heart of London surrounded by lovely restaurants, bars, gyms and public transport
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- For employees (not contractors):
- Participation in an attractive EMI share option scheme
- High spec Macbook Pro
- NEST pension with matched contributions up to 6% (up to qualified earnings limit)
- Vitality health insurance
- An extra half day off during birthday week
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Generous training and wellbeing budgets:
- £600 per year on training and education
- £480 per year well-being budget to spend on improving mental and physical well-being
- £400 per year; happiness & life admin budget to spend on anything that makes you happy or makes life easier for you, such as engaging in hobbies or having a cleaner.