About Low Carbon
Low Carbon creates renewable energy to fight climate change. We’re building a net-zero energy company that will power tomorrow and protect the planet for future generations.
Low Carbon was established in 2011 with one goal in mind: to make the biggest contribution possible in the fight against climate change. The aim is to play a key role in the historic effort to move the world to 100% renewable energy.
We are a long-standing certified B-Corporation, and recognised as gold standard for environmental impact. Low Carbon’s climate ambitions are to become one of the world’s first major net-zero energy companies and to have created 20GW of new renewable energy capacity by 2030.
Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer. Low Carbon is committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
Low Carbon is on a mission. Together, we will power tomorrow.
This role sits with the Finance team and will report to the Head of Financing to design, develop and execute on our financing strategy.
Low Carbon has secured the relevant debt funding to develop its solar PV pipeline for 2023, raising one of the largest flexible GAV construction funding facility in the industry, as well as the shareholder funding required to secure our equity requirements for our 2022-2024 business plan. Our 2023 business plan requires us to put in place two further funding facilities to support our waste to energy and battery storage business lines.
With the increasing volume of financing facilities required to support the business plan and its strategic importance to our hyper-growth agenda, Low Carbon needs to build out a more extensive team of specialists who can work across the group and direct the sourcing, negotiating and management of our financing facilities.
The expectation is for Low Carbon funding solutions to include Senior Project Finance, Holding Company Facilities supporting Letter of Credit facilities and eventually explore the issuance of Green Bonds and other rated products.
The Financing Centre of Excellence in the Finance function will also allow Low Carbon to build and grow strong relationships with major banks and financial institutions, achieve purchasing power and maintain a level of strategic consistency that will ensure low costs of managing the debt facilities.
The European Senior Structured Finance Manager will be in charge of the execution of Low Carbon’s financing strategy throughout Europe, which contemplates short term funding requirements of over £2.5bn by 2025.
The Financing team works alongside the Investment Project Lead for each deal.
- Execution of the Low Carbon Financing Strategy as defined by the Head of Financing and the Business Plan
- Support and lead the negotiation and execution of the different funding debt facilities, working alongside the Investment team
- Support the sourcing, negotiation and management of the different funding facilities, as required by the operating business plan
- Coordinate with Debt Compliance and Debt Management once facilities enter the operations phase of the assets (reporting, covenants, dividend certificates, waivers, consents, etc)
- Coordinate and manage debt drawdown process
- Coordinate and manage the funding forecast and Monthly Utilisation Report
- Coordinate the production of the relevant materials required for the raising of the different debt facilities (Info packages, Due Diligence Reports, Financial models, etc..) with the Investment Team
- In time, manage a pool of junior resources that will grow in line with Low Carbon’s ambitious pipeline
Growth path includes:
- Lead Low Carbon’s European Structured Finance team within the Financing function
- Mentor and help to develop junior members of the team
- Assist the Head of Financing in the monitoring and mitigation of interest rate, FX and inflation risk
- Manage relationships with lenders and investors to Low Carbon funding facilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships internally and externally
- An excellent communicator who builds trusted relationships with people at all levels
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Energetic, reliable, adaptable and used to using their initiative
- Able to think outside the box and embrace change and innovation
- Highly organised, great attention to detail and a focus on getting things done
- A friendly, approachable and professional manner
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable structured finance or banking experience in multi-jurisdiction infrastructure
- Extensive experience in the negotiation, coordination and execution of specialised structured finance transactions
- Demonstrable experience managing end to end structured finance processes
- Renewable energy experience
- Ideally, experience in financial advisory
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills
- Be an enthusiastic and committed team player who will work well with the Team’s key customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience managing end to end funding processes
- Ability to manage junior resources
- Excellent Excel & strong PowerPoint, Power Bi
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off (with option to buy a further 5 days)
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- EV Car scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks
- 3 additional days for volunteering to support causes of your choice
- £50 credit per month towards short notice childcare, eldercare and pet care via ‘Bubble’