🌷 bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat or as a unique gift. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver them to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
We launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. In 2021 we joined forces with Bloom & Wild, the UK's fastest growing ecommerce company (according to the Financial Times). Driven by our vision of creating the destination for making life a little more thoughtful and beautiful, we're now part of Europe's leading online flower company.
Our group is backed by top tier investors including General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), who led our £75 million Series D funding round in January 2021, alongside Index Ventures (investors in Wise and Glossier). We are home to a family of 3 strong brands, Bloom & Wild, bloomon and Bergamotte. Together, we are active in 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team and we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team.
📈 Our Finance Team
Finance at Bloom & Wild group is organised around two main teams which are led by our VP of Finance, though we collaborate closely as one function and work with other teams across the business too.
Financial Control & Reporting - runs all things financial control and reporting, including; compilation of month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable. They are also responsible for spearheading any process improvements or transformational projects.
Financial Planning & Analysis - manages our budgeting and forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance. They are also responsible for building financial models for a variety of uses across the company and working closely with other teams to do so.
⚒️ What will you do?
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Controller to join our Finance team in Amsterdam. You'll be our most senior finance team member in the Netherlands, and will support our Group Head of Financial Control and Reporting with coordination and compilation of management accounts and statutory accounts for the bloomon entities and the group (consolidation).
You'll be responsible for:Lead on the compilation of management accounts for the bloomon entities and contribute to group consolidation procedures. Lead on the audit of the NL statutory entities, being the main point of contact for the NL component audit team and managing the process so that it runs efficiently. Liaise with the group auditors based in London on NL related matters where required. Ownership of reporting on the bloomon balance sheet and cash flow, as well as group in the fullness of time. Play an important role in the implementation of a new group wide inventory management system and design the new process and financial controls. Contribute to group consolidation procedures in close collaboration with other departments and enable quicker reporting. Review of the general ledgers and collaborate with our Tax manager to ensure compliance across NL for all reporting requirements. Manage a Junior Financial Controller, supporting their progression and development. Manage a Finance Manager who is responsible for group wide process improvements and junior treasury management. As the role develops, you'll take on more reports and responsibilities across the wider group.
About you:Masters degree in Controlling or Accounting (or equivalent, postmaster is a plus). 5+ years experience, preferably within industry with an audit background. Strong financial modelling and excel skills with a high attention to detail, alongside an ability to interpret and communicate conclusions. Ability to demonstrate ownership of significant areas of work and keep to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment. Ability to spot problems, identify potential efficiencies, and suggest improvements. Enthusiastic, self motivated, adaptable and innovative; willingness to get stuck in. Good team player; develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues. Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English). Experience using NetSuite would be an advantage
To care wildly for our customers, first we care wildly for our teams. We work hard to craft a culture of thoughtfulness and care, where there is a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, enabling all of our people to thrive and be successful each day.
🌻 Work that works for you
- Flexible working (core hours from 10-4pm)
- Work Abroad for up to 30 days each year
- Summer hours: every Friday afternoon off during July and August (trialling in 2023)
- Share in our success with a choice to take equity options from day 1
- 1 day per year to volunteer on a project that’s close to your heart
- We’ll support your commute to our office and site locations. Depending on your journey to work, this may include a Swapfiets, an NS business card or expense reimbursement
- Phone allowance
🌴 Time off
- 24 vacation days and an option to buy an extra 5 each year
- Happiness days (1 extra day each quarter for your personal ‘me time’)
- 1 celebration day per year, to celebrate a holiday that’s important to you
- Flexible bank holidays - trade a bank holiday for another day that fits your beliefs, values and celebration calendar
🌱 Health and wellbeing
- Mental health support through Open Up, including access to online therapy sessions
- Allies and champions groups
- Mental Health First Aiders and awareness training for our managers
- In person and virtual yoga every week
- Our office kitchen is stocked with drinks and snacks to keep you going
- Financial wellbeing support through Bippit
- Workplace pension contributions
🌳 Growth & Development
- A flexible training framework for every stage of your career development through our Bloom & Learn programme
- Access to the Goodhabitz learning platform
- Internal & external Speaker Sessions on a variety of different inspirational topics.
💐 Moments that matter
- We love having lunch together! We offer daily fresh and healthy lunch options at our locations in Amsterdam and Amstelveen,
- A BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace (Amsterdam HQ)
- Social & wellbeing monthly calendar
- We love to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other important milestones!
- Summer and End of Year events, team lunches and post-peak celebrations
- Irresistible discounts on our products, blooms & subscriptions!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home at bloomon!