About HIVED 📦
The world needs logistics solutions that are better for people and the environment, and that’s where HIVED comes in. We are a London-based climate and logistics start-up building the first emission-free parcel delivery network at scale, powered by a 100% electric fleet. A tech company at heart, we have built a modern tech stack, novel in-house routing and decision engines, apps and data stack, plus are now shipping for over 100 brands including ASOS, Zara, Candy Kittens, Pip & Nut and more.
Our tight-knit team is made up of ex-Revolut, Bain, GoPuff, ASOS, Apple, Amazon and Bulb employees, and we are backed by some of Europe's leading investors and VCs in climate-tech, logistics and mobility including Planet A Ventures, Maersk Growth, Pale Blue Dot VC, Eka Ventures and the British government.
Role overview 📝
We are looking for a communicative, ambitious and versatile Analytics Engineer to design, implement and maintain data analytics solutions, from gathering requirements at source all the way to delivering them to business end users. You will play an integral part in a centralised Data team that is deeply connected with virtually every other business unit.
Your role is comprised of both talking to data producers, business stakeholders and end users as well as producing clean and scaleable data pipelines, analytics queries and forecasting models to empower data-driven decisions and self-service data analyses. This includes developing and improving on our demand and supply forecasting models, capturing and visualising key business metrics and enabling business users to gain their own insights through our self-service analytics tools.
As an Analytics Engineer, you should be comfortable talking to team members across all departments and levels of seniority while also writing efficient and rigorous SQL queries with your fellow Data team members.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with business users to understand their needs and leverage data insights
- Collaborate with our data engineers to unlock the value of our data and make it available in self-service data analytics tools
- Write and maintain rock-solid data transformation pipelines and integrations into our analytics tools
- Be a vocal advocate for unlocking business value through data and improve data literacy across all teams
- Drive and implement our Data Analytics strategy, standardise and unify metrics for easy and scaleable self-service access of end users
- Help to design, build and maintain analytics and forecasting dashboards
- Write and maintain concise documentation of data sources, ETL pipelines, dashboards and visualisation both for technical and business users
- Previous experience in a similar analytics or data engineer, data analytics, data science, or business intelligence role
- A passion for clean, efficient and meaningful SQL queries
- Preferably some previous exposure or experience with Python, specifically in a data context
- A high-energy and bold communicator who enjoys collaborating across teams
- Great attention to detail and an analytical and solution-focussed mind
Technologies we use 💻
- dbt, Airbyte, Great Expectations
- BigQuery, Looker
How we reward our team 🎁
- Dynamic working environment with a diverse and driven team
- Huge opportunity for learning in a high growth environment, with progression opportunities based on success in the role
- 25 days of holiday allowance plus public holidays
- Wellbeing initiatives, including three wellbeing days in addition to holiday allowance
- Weekly team lunch and regular company socials
- Brand new MacBook Air or Windows Laptop (depending on your preference)
- Hybrid working set-up with in-person time expected at both our Shoreditch office and North Woolwich based depot
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption policy