About This Role
Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a holistic view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love, and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life. As a member of the Product team, you will help us build new and deeper ways for people to explore the world around them. We are passionate about maps and we’re on a mission to build the best global map for human powered activities. We’re looking for a map platform product manager who shares a similar passion for exploration and an active lifestyle. If any of this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you about joining the team!
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team that includes engineering, mapping, design, and analytics to identify and deliver impactful product improvements that deepen the Strava & FATMAP map experience and deliver business outcomes.
- Partner with other product teams across the business to deliver the platform capabilities required to enable key product features and functionality.
- Understand the company vision and strategy along with jobs to be done for a broad range of consumer needs and digest this with business priorities into your unified platform roadmap.
- Assess and incorporate new technological developments and additive content offerings to build a global map with the best local data
- Be an active contributor to an inclusive and impactful team culture within your team.
You will be successful here by:
- Demonstrating your experience as a platform product manager, building technology-driven products that can serve a broad range of user needs
- Building on top of your prior exposure to commercial contract negotiations, licensing, and understanding of contract consequences, terms, and conditions and how they relate to platform architecture and developments to manage our unit economics and margins
- Deepening your technical understanding of the geo-data and mapping services market and data providers (e.g., map platforms, geo-coders, satellite imagery).
- Working in a field of personal passion, such as community platforms, UGC, GIS/ satellite imagery, or 3D rendering technology
We’re excited about you because:
- You have a demonstrated ability to abstract technically complex products into a simple user experience
- You have a technical understanding and experience with Geo Data, Map Platforms or Platform Technologies or services architecture e.g., APIs, SDKs, SAAS, PAAS, big data, geospatial imagery
- You follow your personal passion of maps, exploration, fitness, and the outdoors
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.