Chilly’s are looking for an experienced Creative Lead with an Art Director background to develop the look and feel for our campaigns, across a variety of media. You’ll have a passion for reusables and bringing brands and products to life through design.
Founded in 2010, Chilly’s are driven by their aim of providing people with the ability to always have cold water on-the-go, without having to buy single-use plastic water bottles. The result was the Chilly’s bottle, a modern and stylish product designed to combine the convenience of a plastic water bottle with the eco-friendly benefits of a traditional flask.
In pursuit of our mission we have now expanded the range to include a wider selection of reusable products with many more exciting products in development! Our products are created for an active urban lifestyle, with the perfect balance of distinctive style and unrivalled performance.
Chilly’s are at an exciting stage of change and growth, and are now looking for a professional who is an expert at concepting creative campaigns to join their London team. The Creative Lead will be highly creative and see the big picture, enjoy solving complex creative problems with a proactive and positive approach and have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask whilst meeting tight deadlines.
The Creative Lead will work closely with a small but dynamic Creative Team and cross-disciplinary teams such as Marketing, D2C and B2B, innovating and developing our communications with fresh thinking to create emotive and powerful work. Additionally collaborating with external creative agencies and partners on campaign specific projects, continually pushing the boundaries.
Chilly’s have a fantastic London office in Shoreditch. We believe in flexibility and value collaboration, and we are all currently working in a hybrid pattern, working 2 or 3 days per week in our office and the rest of our week remotely.
Working closely with the Founders and Marketing Director, our Creative Lead will shape the brand, taking it on a journey to becoming an elevated lifestyle brand and building out sub brands as we launch into new categories.
The Role :
- Develop the brand into an elevated lifestyle brand, building out the brand book and ensuring all creative reflects this ethos
- Develop sub brands in line with the business and marketing strategy as new categories launch
- Creatively concept all campaigns, moments and product launches.
- Craft bold and strategic creative work that stands out and elevates how we communicate
- Support the delivery of all creative work, ensuring everything created on our behalf reflects our brand values. Ensure high standards everywhere, overseeing creative work from concept to delivery.
- Ensure all marketing materials are always on brand, up-to-date, effective and accessible.
- Create, follow and implement brand guidelines, as well as developing brand/style guidelines.
- Work closely with the Creative Studio Manager to manage expectations and meet all deadlines.
- Build strong relationships with external design agencies and external suppliers.
- Take an active role in working with the Creative Studio Manager and Brand and Marketing team to ensure our materials are creative, engaging and effective.
- Create concepts that always meet and often exceed project performance goals.
- Support and deliver all work on our brand and visual identity.
- Demonstrate commercial focus in all decision making to ensure value for money.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the creative and design team.
- 8+ years’ experience working in Art Direction
- A portfolio of exceptional design work across brands and media
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
- A strong attention to craft and to deliver the very highest quality work
- Able to take onboard feedback in a calm and measured manner so creative work meets the expectations of the stakeholders
- An eye and passion for modern creative and design trends
- The ability to generate creative ideas from conception to delivery, including all disciplines where necessary
- Working collaboratively with creatives across all disciplines including CGI, Motion, Design & Copy.
- An eye and passion for modern creative and design trends
- Highly organised, good at time management and able to juggle projects.
- Confidence and interpersonal skills to engage people at different levels, including company founders and stakeholders.
The type of person we’d love to work with:
At Chilly’s, we’re united by a set of values that guide our unique way of working.
Lead the Change
To lead the change we must never settle. It means being brave enough to set standards and, as leaders, ambitious enough to exceed them.
Less but Better
We work deliberately and decisively, focusing on what we believe in and being brave enough to say no to the things we don’t.
We care as much about each other’s contribution as we do our own, so we support one another to grow, and we turn to one another to learn.
At Chilly’s we believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment, which is why we nurture a diverse and unique workforce. This commitment to inclusion drives Chilly’s forward every day.
What we offer:
- Holiday: 26 days including a day off for your birthday + festive day off and seasonal early finishes
- Pension contribution
- Bupa cash plan and Bupa healthcare
- Life Insurance and Income Protection with YuLife
- Employee discounts on all Chilly’s products
- A range of benefits, discounts and deals through our ‘perks at work’ initiatives
- Development offering and careers progression framework to support you and your team's growth with Chilly’s
- Flexible working culture
- Physical, mental and financial wellbeing support