A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
Thumbtack has multiple Business Analytics Manager positions available in San Francisco, CA, and various unanticipated work locations throughout the USA.
- Gather, define, measure, and track key business performance metrics and economic data that measure Thumbtack’s success.
- Calculate business metrics using SQL using performance, product, and economic data from Thumbtack’s database.
- Build metric-tracking tools using automated Python scripts or automated data visualization, and work with the executive team to determine parameters of success metrics based on current business needs and product stages.
- Perform complex data analysis and design and develop data tables, dashboards, and insights tools that help Thumbtack measure progress towards business goals and power decision-making across the company.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis, using SQL to analyze large data sets in order to help answer key questions that are critical to Thumbtack’s strategy.
- Conduct statistical analysis to define relation and causation of metrics using R or Python, in order to identify and interpret metrics that are closely connected to Thumbtack’s success metrics and thereby make business recommendations on how to improve those metrics.
- Draw business insights from analyses, using SQL to gather data to conduct performance analysis, feasibility analysis, and risk analysis.
- Utilize statistical models and experience with data analysis to identify and differentiate ‘noise’ (i.e. unimportant data) from statistically significant trends that are important to the business.
- Use business insights to make key business decisions and optimize product flows, leveraging real user data to create decision analysis and optimization models.
- Lead weekly and monthly business metrics reviews that illuminate areas of focus for the company by providing business insights and recommendations with supporting data analysis and visualizations on both department level and company level.
- Partner effectively with teams across the company, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and the leadership team by communicating analytical and strategic insights derived from data across the organization, providing targeted analysis for each function of the organization for business improvement.
- Contribute to Thumbtack’s team and company data culture by providing distinctive knowledge and insights on mathematical modeling, data analysis, and engineering principles, and also by sharing this knowledge and insights with members of our technical analytics and data teams.
- Manage and develop employees under the scope of work assigned
- Telecommuting permitted.
What you'll need
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
- Two (2) years of experience in the job offered or in a business analytics-related occupation.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience required in each of the following skills:
- Analysis of large data sets using SQL
- Dashboard building and data interpretation using Tableau or Mode
- Statistical analysis using Python or R
- Defining key performance metrics and creating tracking tables
- Risk and decision analysis
- Building optimization models to determine business strategies
- Use of statistical models to identify data trends and noise
- Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, functions and charts
The expected salary range for the role is currently $204,000 - $276,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.