What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our product offering and engineering teams at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven, passionate and effective Product Leader to join our product function and bring a vision to our data platform and both internal use and externally facing APIs that leverage it. Sylvera is a data business - this is a product leadership role that is absolutely core to us achieving our mission.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the product, rating, design, commercial and engineering teams to clarity on the needs, architecture and roadmap for our data platform
- Lead the build of a platform that seamlessly ingests partner, internal and user generated data and surface it to multiple user groups to facilitate, product development, internal decision making, and commercialization of our data
- Live and breathe prioritisation so that we do the most impactful and value thing at any given time
- Nurture more junior PMs and work together with our product leadership and broader business to make the Sylvera product team *the* aspirational product environment in climate tech.
- Bring to life a platform that becomes indispensable for the incentivistaion and delivery of real climate action
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth 🌎
- Has shipped multiple data oriented products or major features in a startup environment, including at least one from inception to launch to iteration🚢
- Cares about the detail and is willing to get hands dirty, because our customers care 💅
- Prefers user insights and engagement to theory and at the same time can assemble a vision that is more than the average of user comments -skating to where the puck is going 🏒
- Has run multiple threads of product development by managing multiple Product Managers 🙏
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, with experience in venture backed early or growth stage (series A to C) businesses 🌲
Desirable but not required:
- Experience shipping products to Enterprise (Vs SME) users 💵
- Experience in financial services 🏦
- Experience in businesses where data is a core part of customer utility 🖥️
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Early finishes on fridays whenever we can
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.