Job Title: LAC Programme Analyst
Reporting to: LAC Sustainability Manager
Starting Date: August/September 2023
Salary: MXN$ 350-360,000
Application Deadline: 30 July
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
The Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) started in 2009 as a project of the Network for Sustainable Financial Markets (NSFM), an international network of finance sector professionals, academics, and others dedicated to improving financial market integrity and efficiency. CBI is now the world’s leading organization working to mobilize the largest capital market of all, the USD100 trillion global bond market, for climate change solutions. CBI is an investor-focused, not-for-profit organization, whose outputs are an open-source public good.
Our primary workstreams include green bonds standard and certification, green bond data and market analysis, and policy advisory. We have been providing support for green bond market development in various regions/countries including Europe, the US, China, and Latin America.
Climate Bonds is a fast-growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organization that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The mission of this position
Support the delivery of key activities in Mexico and in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), the regional Managers, and analysts especially in Spanish-speaking Latin America deliver the Climate Bonds mission in the region.
The LAC Programme Analyst will provide support to Regional Managers and Analysts in the LAC region in executing Sustainable Finance Programmes through budgeting and monitoring project progress, to ensure that these are completed on time and within budget and champion and implement the Climate Bonds project management framework throughout the project’s development and execution.
Additionally, the analyst supports the organization to organize training programmes, events, and the maintenance of a network of professional relations in Latin America through the creation of visual and written content, engaging with stakeholders and attending to relevant events.
Reporting to the LAC Sustainability Manager based in Mexico and the Head of LAC, the LAC Programme Analyst works closely with colleagues from across the global Climate Bonds organization but mostly with the LAC team. This role requires complete oral and written fluency in English and Spanish.
Among the responsibilities that the selected LAC Programmes Analyst will assume are:
- Support Regional Managers in executing Green Finance programmes: planning, budgeting, and monitoring project progress, reporting and invoices for LAC projects
- Support research projects especially with a focus on LAC sustainability and climate action and finance
- Support the creation of new project proposals in line with the organisation´s framework.
- Be able to understand and manage the project’s budget liaising closely with the Finance Team in managing project’s budgets
- Support on the maintenance of a network of professional relations in Latin America
- Research on barriers and opportunities in the local market for leveraging green financial products
- Support preparation of material for presentations and executive reviews
- Schedule and execute requested follow-up call with partners and stakeholders
- Support the delivery of key activities and deliverables under the LAC programme
- Liaise with Policy, Markets, Partnerships, Taxonomy, Communications, and Finance teams in UK, Brazil and Colombia for related projects
- Support the tracking of the thematic bonds in the region
- Ensure that projects are captured in the centralized Climate Bonds project management system, and all record remain up to date
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or another university degree in a relevant subject
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and Spanish
- Outstanding organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Motivated and a self-starter; able to work independently and efficiently
- High aptitude and attention to detail
- Open to managers’ feedback and effective instruction taking
- Spanish-speaking native. Portuguese is a plus
- Excellent public relations skills and open disposition to network (internally and externally)
- Experience in relevant fieldFlexible, and able to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Passionate about sustainable finance and global knowledge
- Interest is rapidly growing and evolving organizations
- Knowledge of the financial market and/or sustainability, climate change is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a global team on stimulating projects that have a positive impact globally
- Work with Thought Leaders and grow your career
- Opportunity to be creative and innovative
- 25+ days holiday
- An international, diverse, and inclusive environment
- Potential travel opportunity
- Remote and flexible working
- Opportunity for growth and internal capacity building
- NGO Competitive salary